• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Miler

Reaction score
Truly enjoying my new suit made of 600g British vintage fabric. I was instantly enchanted by the beautiful melange of colors - there are so many! One thing that I didn't fully expect is that from a distance the suit appears rather brownish and all the vibrant colors are strongly toned down.The coupon I had was a little small so I had to sacrifice matching patterns on sleeves for the sake of the vest. One of the things I enjoy the most is the weight of the fabric. That's one of the real fabrics from the "good all days". There is no 180s label with it but it is so crease-resistant that I would never exchange :D I was said that the fabric comes from the seventies so I wanted to pay homage to these times and decided to get lapels rather on the wide side - 12,5 cm ;) What do you think?

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Difficult light today but who can complain when the sun is shining. https://open.spotify.com/album/73tAnNx5QNbVcCrpZQMf2i

Northern lights today. I have worn this jacket with lighter shades of grey before and decided to try charcoal today. They are lighter IRL than they appear here.

SC - Boglioli
Tie - Drake's
PS - Monsieur Fox
Flannels and cordovan.

SYCSYC

Reaction score
I AM IN LOVE with my new SuSu Lazio in a kind of greyish brown flannel

I think it really looks grey when paired with blacks shoes. I shall give it a try.

Have a nice WE gents!

Edit: actually not. In sunlight it's as brown as can be. Still lovely,though!

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fantastic. Those are some wide lapels , but not crazy wide.
BTW u have an uncanny resemblance to former Australian Foreign Minister Gareth Evans.

Always good Anden! Be interesting to see this with med grey trews- even better, imo.

Last edited:

Stiva

Reaction score

"Wheat" from the Fresco II book.

Andy57, I've always wondered what the Wheat would look like made up that well. And it looks very fine. You have also done it proud with the tie and shirt. I suspect that with a lighter complexion both tie and shirt need to have saturated colours - as you have done. Perhaps a brown or navy grenadine would have been as good. Is the suit fully lined, and if so does that make it less adaptable for the hotter weather?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Friday, and not a moment too soon. The Friday Challenge this week is "brown tie". My personal challenge was to integrate the brown tie with the last of the swag from this recent trip - the blue suede derbies you see on my feet. I leave the level of success in this endeavor to your collective judgments.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - BB
Tie JAB
Cufflinks - Liberty of London
Braces - New & Lingwood
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - New & Lingwood - new
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Christy's, via Fortnum & Mason

"Lifestyle" photo - Palacio Queluz, outside of Lisbon

Lord Mulberry

Reaction score
Can't provide a picture because I'm at work, but wearing a close-knit dark brown V neck, brown, white, grey, black button down short. Tan jumbo cords and loakes sunburst/burnised derby laced shoes 3 eyelet shoes (obsolete model - had them 20 years and still going strong). DAKS 3 button sports coat, tan, green, brown, yellow and red

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to the weather people, winter is coming (back) to northern California tomorrow. But today, it's Fresco and linen warm, so... Note the "StyFo looking off to the side" pose!
Suit: Bespoke Steed Shirt: Proper Cloth Tie: Drake's Square: Drakes Shoes: Edward Green
I know you aren't a fan, but I would cuff the pants.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure If I would dare to wear them at work, but I like the shoes @upr_crust

At my office, Fridays are "casual", so pretty much anything is permissible. I am not sure that I'd wear these shoes with a suit much, but, as they're "new toys", I was anxious to wear them.

TheoProf

Reaction score
X-post from the Friday Challenge:
O'Connell's navy blazer (3/2 roll sack, Made in Canada model)
Kamakura pinpoint button down
Brooks Brothers mid-grey trousers
Brooks Brothers brown twill tie
Allen Edmonds Manistee Belt
Allen Edmonds Amsterdam in Bourbon

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics