• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

More adventures in Parisian tailoring. Bespoke Camps de Luca suit. Worn with:

Shirt: Charvet (white) & Attolini (blue check)
Tie: Charvet (green) & Viola Milano (grey/blue)
PS: Cucinelli (white/squares) & Shibumi (cream/purple)
Shoes: Allen Edmonds

SYCSYC

Reaction score
Very nice outfits on the last two pages gents.

Today, I was in the mood for playing with patterns...

Suit is the second of two bespoke suits I got on Ebay recently.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the word bespoke (as in specifically cut and made for the wearer) being used here in a somewhat different meaning recently. Perhaps we should introduce the term 'respoke'

SYCSYC

Reaction score
^ Here I meant "was made bespoke for some other guy"

I don't go higher than MTM, as far as I'm concerned.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can I call my RTW 'bespoke' as it was specially fitted and made for a RTW pattern?

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried to match my suit to my cat (sitting in the background waiting for breakfast)

Suit: Boglioli
Shirt: Owen and James
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear
Square: Vanda Fine Clothing
Shoes: Carmina

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the word bespoke (as in specifically cut and made for the wearer) being used here in a somewhat different meaning recently. Perhaps we should introduce the term 'respoke'

That's a fair point. I have both "real" bespoke (made specifically for me, some of my previous posts with Attolini and Caruso are a few examples) and "respoke" (meaning bespoke for someone else, possibly with some later alterations) as the Camps de Luca above. However it is not without significance if it is "respoke". In the Camps example above, it means that the suit is fully canvassed and was made entirely by hand, as is the custom of the house, including with some of the typical details. But I do agree that for clarity's sake it should be explained in a post.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A favourite summer tie makes it more bearable being in the office instead of at the beach...

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, now I'm upset because you don't know what a double dimple is and this gif is making me even more upset. When I had a yard, I was in charge of cutting the grass. If this ever happened to the lawnmower and some judgy dog was staring at me while it happened I would be murderously upset.

Edit. Like the shirt. Is it Kamakura?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads