• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Kent Wang unstructured tweed suit
Kent Wang blue gingham linen/cotton shirt
Kent Wang green plaid cashmere scarf
Kent Wang The Hunt of the Unicorn silk pocket square
Kent Wang light brown deerskin gloves
Kent Wang handgrade penny loafer

Great outfit! Everything from the DB to the pinstripes to the hat makes it come together.
Today, my attempt at this week's challenge. I was wondering about bottle green grenadine tie, but eventually felt like some pattern would liven up the outfit.

The tie and pocket square don't really complement each other. I do like the checked odd trousers, which I'm a fan of, though I'm sure you'll find plenty of critics of them here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
KW, must be the lighting, but the color of the jacket/pants doesn't look the same from here.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KW and I were on the same wavelength today.

[Edit: The sun came out.]

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SFF:
ET
LX
HY

Last edited:

TheoProf

Reaction score

Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this thread for a long time and finally feel brave enough to join the conversation.

Cheers,
Ben

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
TheoProf: Great collar roll. Everything that I can see in the photo is nice and tasteful.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another posting question as I'm closer to getting off my backside and sharing. What is the order for clothing items?

Suit
Tie
Shirt
Pants?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Theo, as Kent and CM have said previously, excellent first start. Do feel brave more frequently!

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SFers~

I don't think I have posted this many outfits in a row, but I am in the middle of figuring out what I want to do with my fits and stuff, and it's been very helpful, so thank you very much. If possible, I'd love some feed back on this also.

As always, thoughts on the combinations would be very much appreciated (maybe the stripe shirt is not the best choice, but I kind of like it).

Also I would like some opinions on my trousers. For those who don't read the noodles thread I am in the process of returning a lot of my trousers to the tailor to be altered, and I'm finalizing how exactly I want them altered. Right now I've decided to keep the length of the pair I wear here, but make it .75~ inch or 1 inch wider (it is 7.75 now, so I want to make it 8.5 or 8.75). As you can see in the photo, there is some bunching in the front which I think is caused by the way my legs are angled and my lower calves bulging and bunching the fabric at the back pulling the front unevenly. Anyone who is knowledgable, do you reckon increasing the width will solve this, or is there something specific about the trousers I should be fixing? I would like a straight falling leg that isn't way too wide.

If you look at one of the photos where I am not standing straight, the leg is straight at the front if it is bent, but it seems when I stand straight my legs are bent slightly backwards and the front wrinkles and doesn't fall uniformly. I ASSUME wider trousers would fix this (I am not just getting opening wider it will just be wider in general, from thighs downwards), but I am not sure? Could my legs just be shaped and angled strangely, or is this normal?

A good (or bad) thing is that I wear boots 80-90% of the time. Good is that I think this makes even slightly wider trousers not too big because boots are chunkier. Bad is that because I wear both boots and shoes that means I can't make my trousers perfect with both of them as I think arguably the optimal specifications would be different for boots and trousers. As per my previous fits I was wearing trousers that were too short for my monks, but I think are fine for my chukkas. Anyway, I think the length here (1 inch longer than my previous outfit) should do both adequately.

Jacket... well I kind of think this fits fine, but in any case I will have to wait half a year or more before I get back to the tailor in person to change anything. I think I will be letting out the previous 2 flannel db jackets, but this one I think is fine as is, but opinions welcome.

Anyway, thoughts appreciated, thank you very much for reading.

Oh yeah:
Hober herringbone cashmere tie
Kent Wang Square

Really enjoying these new ties, and this has been a very useful square for me, although, as before, I'm new to pairing ties and squares so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I ended up spreading the corners a little bit more than the photos so there are more dark colors showing, since it seems otherwise the cream blends into the gray.

Last edited:

Peli

Reaction score
A couple looks:

Etro jacket in slubby silk and linen blend.

Belvest for Prada jacket, Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece wool tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads