• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy All

My latest look

Caruso
Reeves(Shirt)
no name freaking awesome tie

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Forper a few semi-brief thoughts:

1. Nobody ever said your clothes looked of a quality of an entry-level scrub. I did say that the way they fit you made you appear as such. In any event, $3300 for the final outcome is far, far too much, and would still be too much if the belt was actually $200. Quality will last a good long while (and that is a good mindset to have), but quality/high price tags along do not make something look good.

2. You're 100% correct regarding the shirt you mentioned. Far too tight, and far too short. It was a poorly executed foray into MTM shirting, and, as such, was taken to the local Goodwill months ago. Thankfully not terribly expensive (done intentionally), as it was a sunken cost almost from the off. I suppose I must commend your efforts to get back at me for daring to question your unique style lol.

3. I ask this in all sincerity: what is your hope/intention in posting in the thread? I myself utilize it for inspiration and advice for improvements. You've made quite clear that is not your intention.

In any event, there's no way to assess your outfit without saying it looks frumpy at best, and terrible at worst. I dig that you like being comfortable, but wearing a bed sheet masquerading as a shirt is not the optimal path to comfort. If you choose to spend a decent chunk of change on your clothes, why not spend a nominal fee to achieve a decent fit?

@gnatty8 not pretty tight...intensely tight. Like take shallow breaths to avoid popping buttons tight lol. It was the first (and last) time I'll be using body measurements for a shirt. To compound the foolishness of that plan, I listed measurements as smaller than they actually are in an attempt to achieve a slim fit. Poorly conceived all the way around lol.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi

Yeah, bruh.

Today

Sun's out, I'm out...

Yeah, bruh.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope you choke on your tri-tip sandwich at Firestone Grill this weekend :)

Mmmm. I hope so too.

Yesterday I wore pretty much what Murl wore today, only different. I also only have a shot of the top block but trust me, the rest of it was perfect in every way imaginable.

Square is cotton with a cool green flower embroidered on it; you can't tell.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ericgereghty That's a bit more than brief for me and probably far beyond the time you should have spent… although I admire your willingness to provide straight forward advice (despite the fact I think he's ******* with us.)

@Forper is the new @DP92 … now slightly less douchey.

Mofo you looking too cool sometimes! That's nice.

Today

Sun's out, I'm out...

Last edited:

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
I imagine a fair isle sweater is a good match for a tweed sack suit. Thoughts about the length of the pants here. There's contact with the shoe at least. Tie is tartan. Square is regimental.

I really like this—I wish I owned that sweater and that suit, even though sack is not really my jam. But I would definitely go with a solid, textured tie here. It's a lot.

I'm also kinda into no square right now, personally. Not everyone's bag, but if you're considering skipping it, full tweed, pink shirt, and fair isle is the time to do it, I think.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
Third day in a row posting here - hopefully not overstaying my welcome.
In case it isn't painfully obvious... I kinda like Eidos
shog[1].gif

I do wish the quarters on the jacket were slightly more closed (like the revamped NMWA cut), but it's not a dealbreaker for me.
The trousers are a lightweight cotton/wool and I kind of hate them (too slim, too low of a rise). I've recently ordered a pair of olive green trousers through Luxire to replace these ones.

Jacket: Eidos
Shirt: Boglioli
Tie: Conrad Wu
Square: Vanda
Trousers: Club Monaco
Shoes: Skolyx
Great fit! Applaud your decision to get some high-rise Luxires made (I haven't regretted mine for a second); really that's the only thing wrong here IMO. I think you'll like the open quarters on this jacket much better once you have higher rises.

I'm known to be a bit of nut on the subject, but get a good pair with the button on, or just slightly above, your navel and see if you aren't much happier.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@blekit nice tailoring and cinching on the waistcoat. Everyone should be able to see how good your tailor is.
@pliny my favorite fit of yours so far
@gs77 nice swagger

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today

Sun's out, I'm out...

Very nice, an outfit for some fancy outdoorsy activities. The suede snuff shoes work beautifully with that jacket. Who made the jacket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads