• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that jacket and the colors of the fit! Did you have any waist suppression done at the tailor and is there any possibility of letting it out just a smidge? I could be wrong but it seems a just a tiny bit tight in the waist.

The Eidos quarters might be playing tricks with me though so i hope others that know better might chime in.

Edit: @DandySF

Last edited:

DandySF

Reaction score
@Chaconne I had the sleeves shortened and the buttons replaced with smoked mother of pearl, no waist suppression. Next time I have it on I'll see if it seems snug.

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#36. Same suit as last time. The trousers are cut a little slimmer than I would prefer, and with a lower rise. Cucinelli are "fashion-forward", I guess.

Apart from that, I love the cut and drape of this suit.

Brunello Cucinelli - Lardini - Ascot of Germany - Frui - Seiko - Paolo da Ponte (belt) - C&J Belgrave

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That suit looks great on you minus the pulling on the inside of the thigh. Anyway to let it out a bit?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're both right. Like I said, the one and only fault of this suit is the slim cut of the trousers. I checked - both inseam and outseam have precious little spare fabric. An expert alterations tailor might be able to squeeze another 1 cm width out of the trouser legs - I don't think that's worth the bother (plus you never know, it might hang funny after that).

It is what it is. I love this suit, and it's very practical for the Sydney summer heat.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The regular Malvern has a different medallion on the toe. Did you have those MTO'd?

No. I bought them off the shelf from Khaki's of Carmel. I don't know the provenance of them, but I recall Jim saying he ordered them with this color and patina added.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Waiting the storm :
This is nice, especially the shoes; where from?
As much as I like the texture of a grenadine here I think a different colour would have worked better. Next time!
I also like the navy, but it would be particularly good if your hair was dark (I don't know if it is or isn't). Then, tie and hair would frame the face. If not, the tie is the only dark focus point of the outfit and probably draws too much attention.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just getting back online with morning coffee after snowy commute. Totally missed the Outlook joke, though!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, some of you might be interested in this new thread

http://www.styleforum.net/t/517882/ten-ties-five-jackets-10-5-thread

You should begin to assemble your contributions (the thread will open after an initial set of posts but for now, a set cast of characters will provide initial posts)

I wanted to like this but the framing of it and invite only and so forth comes off as beyond pretentious, much the same as the lounge had that same pretentious vibe to it. Maybe I'll check back in a couple weeks and see who posted pictures but the first impression wasn't a good one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads