• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
tumblr_o1xhe9jiiN1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1xhhfco2H1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SVB, I am far from a "northern lights" hater, but this would have been better with lighter pants.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is your tailor Neapolitan?

Last edited:

dwpenny

Reaction score
I've been hanging out on this thread for a while, but have never posted before. I'm a younger guy, and definitely lean towards the casual side of this thread, but I've tried to put together something appropriate for a first post.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

unstructured boiled wool blazer by club monaco
uniqlo shirt
vintage no name wool tie
club monaco chinos
bulova watch

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been hanging out on this thread for a while, but have never posted before. I'm a younger guy, and definitely lean towards the casual side of this thread, but I've tried to put together something appropriate for a first post. Would love to hear your thoughts.
That's a legit casual outfit for a young guy. My only critique is to be cautious of your tie knot size in relation to your shirt collar points--keep them proportional (same goes for tie width and lapel width). Thanks for posting! This reminds me that I should revisit Club Monaco for my casual wardrobe.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the shirt is the only bad part. The neck looks too large and the collar points too small. Especially for a tie that thick. I like it otherwise.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took advantage of an opportunity to grab a full-length shot whilst in a changing room this morning:

Jacket & trousers: bespoke Steed
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Tie & square: Drake's
Shoes: Edward Green

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crusty and Sander playing hard-ball with the pin stripes and looking good doing it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics