• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few more.

tumblr_o1h0t5Fm0S1qdxoa9o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1h0n7qMz01qdxoa9o4_540.jpg

tumblr_o1h0c27TId1qdxoa9o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1gxmoDhqv1qdxoa9o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1gxh6UIQf1qdxoa9o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1gxf2FVIv1qdxoa9o2_540.jpg

tumblr_o1fqet7TcP1qdxoa9o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o1fqjyYanN1qdxoa9o3_540.jpg

MeachamLake

Reaction score
Not what I was wearing today, but at the end of last summer! Found these pictures and thought they were worth a post - I can't remember why I never got round to putting them up at the time. This was taken at the end of the day, so excuse the unsightly wrinkles!

Last edited:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not what I was wearing today, but at the end of last summer! Found these pictures and thought they were worth a post - I can't remember why I never got round to putting them up at the time. They were taken at the end of the day, so excuse the unsightly wrinkles, particularly on the trousers...

Man, if the points on the collar were longer this would have been flawless! Still as is this is a killer look!

MeachamLake

Reaction score
Man, if the points on the collar were longer this would have been flawless! Still as is this is a killer look!

Thanks! I never have any luck when I comes to shirts at all. Tyrwhitt seems to be the only brand I fit into well enough off the peg, but I've always found the collars too small...it's the compromise you have to make I suppose!

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I never have any luck when I comes to shirts at all. Tyrwhitt seems to be the only brand I fit into well enough off the peg, but I've always found the collars too small...it's the compromise you have to make I suppose!

I have to be honest, if I'm buying a shirt to wear under a jacket, I buy the collar and take what I get (within reason) in terms of the body that's attached to it.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not what I was wearing today, but at the end of last summer! Found these pictures and thought they were worth a post - I can't remember why I never got round to putting them up at the time. They were taken at the end of the day, so excuse the unsightly wrinkles, particularly on the trousers...

Nice suit! OTR or custom in any way?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This forums favours blue shirts and while it's a trope that's often overplayed, I believe your fit would benefit from one to soften the contrast between tie/shirt/suit. A darker suit would also improve the fit. As it stands the effect created by the individual elements is a little too stark. Just my 2c :)

It's impossible to overplay blue shirts. Dare any of you delve into the deep dark depths of Trad/Ivy style enough to wear a pale yellow shirt? I bet @Roycru
 has.

I've worn pale blue with this fabric, but since the suit, tie, and hank all have light-colored and fuzzy elements, a white OCBD was the best choice to tie everything in. Pretty low-contrast.

Yellow OCBDs are great.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UC, that tie appears to have been fashioned from a left-over bolt of jacketing material.

I mean that in a good way of course...

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really need to get a digital camera and tripod these cell phone pictures are just annoying now as they were back then. Anyway would love some feedback I mostly wore this shirt and tie to try out some new stuff I purchased but I am not sure it went together. I like the tie with the grey herringbone but not the shirt I was hoping the tattersall check would liven up the texture but I am not sure I succeeed. Suggestions welcome.

Fit picture

Details and textures

I'd wager that a nice repp tie would make that tattersall pop. Navy blue and pink?

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yellow OCBDs are hardly a rarity in real life—I’ve probably got a good half-dozen of them somewhere in the nether regions of my closet, leftovers from the days when I used to wear OCBDs almost exclusively, either with or without ties.

I still wear them sans tie under a crew neck sweater more often than I do their blue counterparts.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid this is all I got today:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads