• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SFF:
Kent Wang
Shibumi
Howard Yount

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome beard and clothes matching on the last 4 posts!

@Claghorn very nice tie! Love the texture!

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SYCSYC that is outstanding. Love the longwings with the herringbone suit.

LGHT

Reaction score
Thanks for your comment but I am forced to disagree with you on this one. I don't know if you based your assumption on my previous fits. As for this particular suit, I went two sizes up from a regular 48 to a size 50 (38-40 UK). If you look at the arms and chest of my suit jacket, you will notice how relaxed the jacket is and the buttons are not pulling as opposed to my precedent suit jackets. On previous occasions, people on this forum have called my attention to the snug fit of my suit jackets and I decided to heed to their advice. For this reason, I decided to go from a 38 to a 40 and here again, you are telling me that my suit is tight. Oh well, I know I have done my bit and that I can not please everyone. I have said this before and will say it again, if anyone does not like my fit; simply skip. I just think a lot of people here are biased. I know how much effort I have made here but some are still bound to judge me based on my previous fits as if people never make progress. It's just a damn shame !

I don't think the overall fit is too tight, but a little snug in a few places. I have the same problem as I'm a "thick" guy who used to weight lift and now has big thighs thanks to cycling. Any OTR suit that I buy to "fit" actually fits, but I found going up a size and having the tailor take in this and tighten up that to be the best bet outside a MTM suit. This gives me the extra room needed in the chest shoulders, but I have to tighten up the waist.

Limniscate

Reaction score

What are your thoughts on this combo? It's Harris Tweed (Ring Jacket) with Minnis Flannel (Mytailor).
KW pocket square, Mytailor shirt, AE Delray shoes

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Limniscate given the lighting, it's virtually impossible to make any of the small things out, save for the base colors, but navy SC and light gray slacks is a classic look for sure.

Limniscate

Reaction score

@Limniscate
 given the lighting, it's virtually impossible to make any of the small things out, save for the base colors, but navy SC and light gray slacks is a classic look for sure.

You should be able to click on the image to enlarge it. The SC is charcoal, not navy.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The square seems too formal for the texture of the jacket, but otherwise I think it's a promising combination.

Limniscate

Reaction score

The square seems too formal for the texture of the jacket, but otherwise I think it's a promising combination.  

The square is silk; I thought that silk goes well with tweed, no? Yeah there's something about the combo that I don't like but can't put my finger on it exactly. I think the shirt is too formal. OCBD would be better for sure.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads