• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try with an other waistcoat (pocket square is a bit to close in term of color in my opinion) :

I dont know if its too close in color or rather too busy against the sport coat pattern.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[...]

I mean knowing when to listen to it. Some people are just wrong, and if you know who they are, their bagging on you can start to feel like a compliment. Other times, they're right,
[...]

I must imagine that if someone with no prior knowledge at all of basic principles of dress happens upon this thread (and this seems to occur more often than it used to) it’s simply going to take that person some time to figure out who here knows what they’re talking about and who doesn’t, and even that can’t happen unless they have access to reputable sources of information outside of the thread. It’s just the way things are—it’s how learning works.
smile.gif

Cheers,

Ac

Jussi Hakkinen

Reaction score
My first post with my new account (I completely had forgotten my old password and such - and, perhaps, the fresh start might be best).

Actually what I wore yesterday on a small weekend getaway trip to Tallinn, Estonia:

I'm experimenting a bit with a lower suit buttoning point and looser, longer trousers (and looser fit overall). The tweed suit (Sherry Tweed) is a very soft construction 3R2 with spalla camicia and flapped, buttoned patch pockets and flapped trouser back pockets, 2" cuffs. Waistcoat was not worn in the picture, as weather was very warm for December (~+10°C, while the norm for December would be -5 - -10°C).

The Harris Tweed Overcoat is also very soft with spalla camicia, bottom buttons made to be both closed in a paddock style.
Shirt is a blue oxford with a soft collar, tie is a bi-tone knit silk tie. Overcoat pocket square does not match (but compliments to) tie colour, being more mustard-ish in appearance - that isn't visible in photo so well.
Meermin longwings shaded to "autumn leaf" colour, a no-brand tweed hat.

I know that scarf would have capped the look, but due to warmth it wasn't possible to wear one.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
I must imagine that if someone with no prior knowledge at all of basic principles of dress happens upon this thread (and this seems to occur more often than it used to) it’s simply going to take that person some time to figure out who here knows what they’re talking about and who doesn’t, and even that can’t happen unless they have access to reputable sources of information outside of the thread. It’s just the way things are—it’s how learning works.
smile.gif

Cheers,

Ac

I suppose what I'm groping for is this:

Figuring out who's right and wrong about your shortcomings, sartorial and otherwise, is the work of a lifetime. And the humility and patience to keep signing up for that horrific, disgusting, never-ending process is the most critical asset you can have for achieving excellence.

Suntory

Reaction score
Wearing our today's Shibumi advent calendar tie, limited to 3 pieces.

What do you think of the other posters' pics?
Edit: forgot to add in terms of Christmas spirit.

Last edited:

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been awhile for awhile, glad to see this thread is still alive and well :) :nodding:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first post with my new account (I completely had forgotten my old password and such - and, perhaps, the fresh start might be best).

Actually what I wore yesterday on a small weekend getaway trip to Tallinn, Estonia:

u don't see those words all that often
satisfied.gif
Looks good tho, if a little wet. Great outfit.

Last thursday at a dinner party.

u guys look awsm
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ps killing it, TomMiler

Last edited:

Jussi Hakkinen

Reaction score
u don't see those words all that often
satisfied.gif
Looks good tho, if a little wet. Great outfit.

Well, it's a neighbouring country and two hour ferry trip away...(two hours of travel in Finland before that, though), so yes - a weekend getaway in Tallinn, Estonia. :) Warmly recommended - a beautiful city, nice restaurants and bars and nice people. Should one ever travel in Nordic countries, Estonia is a must to include.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads