1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Call me crazy, but it sounded like he was pointing out a difference of opinion, one I happen to share. Admittedly, it could be the angle/poss in the first pic, but it LOOKS mighty tight, and quite short in the sleeves.

In regards to those who write off your opinion based upon your lack of posts, you'll have to blame those who came before you.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheBatman

TheBatman Well-Known Member

You're crazy.... there [​IMG]

And this is just an internet forum. I have just as much fun tearing people down as they presumably do attempting to be witty and insulting.

Incidentally, my primary gripe is that members have been responding to me mostly with ad hominem attacks, simple statements of oninion without reason, or simply bizarre one liners. I appreciate that you gave reasons for your opinion. So, points in my book.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I was reading through your post history, and it seems like you might have some intriguing points of view to share at times, but everything is lost in the delivery because you come across as a belligerent asshole and/or someone with an autism spectrum disorder. Believe it or not, emphasizing words in all caps is considered crude and will alienate you. Try using the underline or italics functions. Ending your posts with "You are dismissed" and "That is all" will also fail to amuse anyone.

In order to share your unique and original ideas, refer to the general structure and formatting of messages and emulate that. Like the suit as a system of rules, you'll find it's easier to get your unique concept across if the way you present it is fairly normal, with experimentation within that rubric.

The suit in question does not pass muster because of the shredded handkerchief and faux wood iPhone case.

4 people like this.
  4. TheBatman

Hm, It seems that you too might have some intriguing points of view to share, unfortunately, by calling me a belligerent asshole and someone who may possibly have an autism spectrum disorder, you ironically come across as a belligerent asshole or someone with an autism spectrum disorder. Insulting someone you don't know in this manner is very crude and will definitely alienate you.

Hypocrite. I sincerely hope you detect the irony.

Also, you may want to read the comments that others have made regarding my opinions. You will find that I do not insult anyone that has not done so to me first. Am I snarky? Sure. Why not. Adds to the fun. But I also write at length the reasons for my views, something which most of you seem to not do. For example, you just spent 2 paragraphs insulting me and only ONE on the outfit in question. Unfortunately typical around here.

I did not consider the iPhone case to be part of the outfit. And I lauded the choice of the handkerchief and gave a REASON why I did so.

Sigh* your one sentence statement regarding the outfit is a statement of opinion. No reason, no supporting statements. Utterly meaningless. We might as well argue about our favorite colors.

So, Mr. Psychologist (which you must be, and one of the greatest ones at that, since you have the uncanny ability to diagnose severe disorders via reading internet posts), care to try again?

YOU are dismissed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I'm hoping it sticks around for a bit. The insights being shared there are pretty top notch.

6. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

8. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

Great to see these pics of your suit 'in the wild' Peter, and for those admirers who are unaware of its provenance you are encouraged to browse the 'East Sicily Tailors' thread which tells the back story.

As mentioned on that thread I recently acquired a low budget RTW version of your tobacco summer suit. Thanks for the inspiration!

[​IMG]

Some details and alternative pics - full story on the blog ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    16 people like this.
  9. Anden

Anden Senior member

New summer suit. A lot of dark brown suits here lately.

Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma in a super lightweight Loro Piana Zeelander fabric.
    Worn with Berg&Berg cotton shirt, Drake's of London tie and cordovan penny loafers from C&J.

Bonus lifestyle picture with my two boys.

Now. Back to vacation mode.

All the best

Andreas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

43 people like this.
  10. Caustic Man

Is that the shortened jacket? Looks great.

11. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Haven't been posting something for a while now. So hey old and new ones!

Suit: Bladen
    Shirt: Tom Ford
    Tie: EG Cappelli
    Shoes: Gaziano & Girling

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  12. Anden

Anden Senior member

Cheers! Correct. It is the suit I posted in Tweedys thread.

13. Leanderthal

Leanderthal Senior member

I just began my venture in to men's style in the last year or so. I am still in the early learning stages! Advice, constructive feedback, critique, etc. totally welcome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10 people like this.
  14. ericgereghty

I like something because (fill in the blank) is still an opinion, no matter how many words and/or sentences it comprises. Outside of a general and rather vague accepted rubric, all we're doing here is arguing and offering our opinions.

In any event, this dynamic has become mind numbingly monotonous in the span of 4 total posts. I hope we can just get back to seeing pictures of outfits, and kill this juvenile sniping.

Speaking of, great stuff @alden (not sure if tagging works on a cell), really like that suit.

15. ericgereghty

Nice and simple outfit. I'd prefer the pants be higher rise, or the button stance on the jacket be lower, but, all in all, a cool look.

Disclaimer: I'm exceedingly comfortable with the rise of my pants being at/above my navel, so my perspective skews a bit to the extreme side.

16. TheBatman

I heartily agree sir!

Now, I know that you are not hypocrite. This couldn't possibly be the case. So I KNOW that you are going to also address the person who called me autistic and a belligerent "a--hole"... Right?

Because God forbid you are a hypocrite.

I'm waiting.

17. ericgereghty

Name calling doesn't bother me, so you both can be beligerrent autistic assholes for all I care. It's just the incessant back and forth that I find tiresome, which is encompassed by "this juvenile sniping."

Though you seem more eager to indulge in it, I wasn't calling you out more than I was anyone else. It's a bore no matter who's providing the material.

Edit: while i love arguing, I'm going to bow out of this dance, so don't be offended if you receive no response...ill be curious to see if you stick around if others take a similar approach.

1 person likes this.
  18. Caustic Man

The jacket and trousers are contrasting highly with one another, but the shirt is not and so looks out of place. I've never been a big fan of polo shirts with blazers but a lot of people do it. In this case you could have gone very saturated with the polo or lighter. The jacket seems to have some fit issue at the shoulder and the sleeve.

19. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

Agreed. A button-down long sleeve also shows that the jacket sleeve length is correct. Show a little linen as the saying goes. Very nice look I think, though.

20. Caustic Man

Yeah, generally speaking he's heading in the right direction.

1 person likes this.