• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, the sun has returned to NYC, though it is a bit colder, as is seasonal for December. Today's attire reflects both conditions.

Suit - BB
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Charvet
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Braces - PRL
Shoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf Goodman
Topcoat - JAB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, London
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Capybara gloves from shibumi and the color is great for my brown DB overcoat.
Very nice, glad you like them. I wear mine (from last year, slightly lighter shade of brown) all the time, too.
Today. Suit day
0230703cd27e0612b2a30969febbb222.jpg
f8971ff3d06f5dd0dd92014f6d809ba8.jpg
64e0a2bda126399eb5925f162dbab48f.jpg
18be0903b3ffa63300b1229344b86d03.jpg
Very nice; quite simple, but not basic at all.
This, I'd call shibui.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I need to be less bearded for something coming up in a few weeks, so started over (sort of)

Last edited:

casadisartoria

Reaction score

Most guys in the TWAT (watch appreciation thread) wouldn't be caught dead with an Apple watch, myself included. It's not that it's a bad product per se, but for the price, I could buy another (mechanical) watch much more to my liking. Apple has gotten enough of my money with my iMac, iPod, iPhone, 2x iPad - they don't need to sell me a watch on top of that!

The recently launched TAG connected watch is a reasonable alternative and they offer a replacement program to their analog if you don't happen to like it. Frederic Constant has a similar watch and priced lower than TAG I believe.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats @justinkapur!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Koala-T I think you're best served avoiding the robo-pose. If I recall, some of your in-movement, or at least poses intimating movement, have been the most well regarded of your looks. I know they were for me.

As a stumpier fella, I feel the same would hold true for me.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As always, thanks to everyone who posts pictures of themselves and who like my pictures.

In Chapter III "Appearance Counts" of his 1983 book "Class", Paul Fussell discusses how American real estate developers use British words to make their developments appear to be upmarket.
Exactly how many Americans will think that the sign behind me is upmarket I do not know.

I do know that no one from the UK will find the combination of the most downmarket sport in the UK (football), an unfashionable part of London (Camden Town), and the London Underground to be particularly upmarket.

Brooks Brothers jacket and blue and white University striped OCBD shirt, Little Shop Of Horrors (Metropolitan Museum Of Art Store) wool Celtic Knot tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Viyella (55%-45% Made in Scotland) sweater vest, Hebden Cord cavalry twill trousers, and Allen-Edmonds Lombards......

......and before someone says, "I can't see the Celtic Knots in your tie", here they are......

.....and anyone who has ever worked in the Metropolitan Museum Of Art Store will know why I call it "The Little Shop Of Horrors".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads