1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. yonkle

yonkle Member

love my HF suits and blazers full canvas and a good value to boot with nice fabrics Yonkle

1 person likes this.
  2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

You should check out Panta bro, they drape really well and are cut trim enough without being too slim.

3. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

:nodding: On the agenda for when the current spending freeze is over ;)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

The biggest problem with HF in my opinion is consistency. They make lots of stuff for outlets and online stores like Sierra Trading Post. Their white label with dark HF logo are to be avoided. Fused and mass-produced with fake retail prices to make the fake sales look good.

Their recent mainline "Mahogany" label stuff is pretty good but inconsistent. Quality did not seem to be the same across the mainline for some reason. Maybe quality control was not a strong point for them? That said, the Mahogany line used lots of Loro Piana fabric and makes for good CBD. I have several and wear them regularly. Their A fit is bulky and similar to BB's Madison fit. Their B fit has slightly softer shoulders and a trimmer cut. Sport coats have great fabric and construction and I own several.

Their new gold label seems quite good. I've tried a few on but don't own any. Their new slimmer cut is "Hamilton."

[​IMG]Made for outlet cheapies.

[​IMG]Mainline up until a year or two ago (was light blue before that). Good stuff but inconsistent.

[​IMG]Latest mainline tag. can find decent sales on their website and at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack.

5. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

2 people like this.
  6. yonkle

yonkle Member

all of my stuff is older main line Madison and boardroom I'm a little round so the full cut fits me well good durability also 6 suits and ten so jackets can comment on the new Gold Label stuff but I heard the Tasmanian wool was very nice in essence good everyday classics

1 person likes this.
  7. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

So truth. And I've told her as much.

8. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

That must've gone well.

9. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

Now is end of a long day. This was the start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29 people like this.
  10. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

How's that saying go? He was a real sit-down guy? No. That's not how it goes.

Eh, I've done far worse. And actually we both recognize that there are silhouettes on the other that we aren't keen on but understand it's the price of being into clothes. Besides, she seems to like my weekend stuff well enough to not leave me for a SW&D guy, so that's pretty cool.

3 people like this.
  11. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

That Steed suit is really nice @Andy57 . I have noticed that you use them often, and they always are good on you.
    I have made an appointment with Matthew on my next trip to London, and look forward to see what might come out of that. A bit anxious as every time I try a new tailor.

12. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I have a number of pieces from Steed but mostly heavier suits and jackets more appropriate for winter. I have one jacket and one suit for summer currently back with them for adjustments. I sincerely hope that I get them back before summer is gone (although as a practical matter that could mean October in this part of the world).

Good luck with your Steed appointment. I'll look forward to seeing what you decide to have them make up for you.

3 people like this.
  13. mcobinad

mcobinad Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

without tie

[​IMG][​IMG]

25 people like this.
  14. Tom Miler

Tom Miler Senior member

Beautiful Florence and my new DB summer power suit made of a Reid&Taylor blend of kid mohair and wool. The jacket features a half-lining and a very soft construction based on canvas and a bit of flannel. Sporting it with semi-formal shirt and a cashmere, hand-made 3fold by Miler Menswear :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adding a picture of angora goats to attract extra attention when saying that mohair is a truly wonderful fabric for the summer and its wrinkle-resistance is just incredible!

[​IMG]

48 people like this.
  15. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Foooook yes, so good. Don't see very many mohair stripes...good stuff.

1 person likes this.
  16. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

Smashing suit. Love it all except long tie tail hanging out. Anyone know when that trend started and why? I suspect Pitti Uomo... [​IMG] (Seriously love the suit!)

17. Jussi Hakkinen

Jussi Hakkinen Active Member

Wore this today again - I think I'm in love with that jacket (despite the maker's mistake in construction):

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  18. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

jcm, my wife prefers flat-front pants for me, but it's not her ass that needs to fit in them. She also doesn't care for the higher rise stuff. Too bad for her, though. She's stuck with me. :)

2 people like this.
  19. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

High rise and pleats absolutely make my wife want to tear my clothes off... and then tell me to put something else on.

10 people like this.
  20. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I've had exactly the same experience, except my wife has come around to the notion that such trouser just hang better and are more flattering.

Oh, so close! Pleats and a higher rise might very well ameliorate your fit issues with trousers, though. What's a little marital strife compared to better fitting trews? Where are your priorities, for goodness sake?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.