• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a brilliant use of a tie outside of its usual/intended context. Love it.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zegna on maiden voyage
Zegna
Panta
Godard
Epaulet
EGs on maiden voyage

Color on jacket is extremely difficult to photograph. It's a burgundy/wine hopsack weave with black in it.

Chulillo

Reaction score
@Betelgeuse, stunning combo!! :)

@Claghorn, I think your -usual- spread collar fits look better for your body frame. I am sure those with button down collars are perfect by the book looks but I believe spread collars favor your upper body structure much better. Either way I thumbed both :nodding:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll always favor OCSC to OCBD

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I'll always favor OCSC to OCBD

Funny that with a herringbone tweed you choose not to wear an OCBD.
But I'm glad you didn't. The clean lines and simplicity work beautifully here.

@Mr Knightley really nice thoroughly British outfit. My daughter loves your tie! Forgive my ignorance in British history, but why the 1915 - 2015 on the poppy? WWI started in '14, didn't it?

Last edited:

SYCSYC

Reaction score
I was getting bored of not suiting because holidays, and so I went somewhere between casual et MC today.
Maybe I have gone a bit too far...

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't happy with the first three squares I tried. One of my rules of thumb is after trying three squares and being pleased with none, I go without.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yup. And I have that in wool-silk. I also tried the wool oatmeal square from Hober.

Pawz

Reaction score
More sartorial silliness from Yours Truly.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. And I have that in wool-silk. I also tried the wool oatmeal square from Hober.
Agree Oatmeal wool might not be best there. Why was great wave rejected and for sake of completeness on your "rule" of 3 rejects, what was the 3rd?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The GW just didn't look right, regardless of how I folded it. The third was a square of the Bayeux Tapestry.

The tie is an odd shade of green. And the scale of the pattern there and the scale of the herringbone made the whole thing just busy enough. I think anything more would have disrupted the balance of things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads