1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. TheoProf

TheoProf Senior member

Thanks Andy. Yes, the remaking of my wardrobe was definitely a perk. It did take courage to post that pic. Part of me wants others to forget that image of me. However, I thought posting it might be some small encouragement to lurkers or some SF members who might desire to go through journey.

Many thanks Cleav!

Thanks for the correction CM! :)
    Thanks so much pravda!!!
    Thanks Coxsakie! I agree with all of the above. It's funny, during the 10 or so months it took for the weight to come off I spent a lot of time thinking about how to continue the journey once I met my goals. In that sense, the ensuing 19+ months and beyond have been a continuation of that journey. I determined at the outset not to make any change that I wasn't willing to live with for the rest of my life, so it has been a lifestyle change for me. I know how many calories I burn per day on workout days and off days and simply don't eat more than I burn, and I continue to exercise because it's become a part of who I am.

Also, thanks to all for the thumbs. Again, I've considered posting this before but hadn't been brave enough until now. Thanks for all the kind responses. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  2. bigruss

bigruss Member

Whats the story on those trews?

3. 1st Step

1st Step Senior member

Wow! That was Grrrrrrrrrrrreat! Congartz!

2 people like this.
  4. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

@bigruss They are slim fit chinos from Charles Tyrwhitt.

5. 1st Step

1st Step Senior member

Who is? "James Bond."

2 people like this.
  6. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

[​IMG]

You're very kind.

7. bigruss

bigruss Member

Cool, thank you. Seems like a good combo of reasonably casual fabric, slim/straight, and a good rise.

8. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

[​IMG]

Fox flannel coat
    Vbc flannel trousers
    Vanda tie and PS
    Carmina suede oxfords

41 people like this.
  9. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

As advertised. Ivory dinner jacket on a warm Northern California evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20 people like this.
  10. pravda

pravda Senior member

@Theo. Again congratulations on your success. You look terrific. As your journey on this forum continues, any health/fitness tips you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  11. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Canali
    Zegna
    Attolini
    Richard James
    EG

16 people like this.
  12. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Senior member

Congratulations! I made a similar weight "journey" many years ago. It's a personal choice of course and i see nothing wrong with being heavier, but it was the right choice for me. However I have gained a few pounds over the last year or two (I blame the Swiss who persist in putting cheese on everything they eat!). I've just started a regime to avoid the slippery slope and your post is a great inspiration.

2 people like this.
  13. not an icon

not an icon Member

Keeping it off is the most impressive part. I lost 70, but, to my great embarrassment and physical discomfort, I have let 25 come back. People who don't have a weight problem don't appreciate that ill-fitting and uncomfortable clothing is a big part of the downside.

1 person likes this.
  14. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

TheoProf, I take my hat off to you with your weight loss, and, more importantly, your maintenance of that loss. As someone who has battled with his weight his entire life, I know how hard it can be, and how satisfying to achieve a weight at which one is comfortable and that one can sustain.

Now, Facebook is a dangerous thing. It would seem that it wishes me to live in the past, constantly reminding me of previous postings, and this past weekend, it flashed up some photos of me from six years ago. To prove that style is a constantly evolving thing, as is body shape, photos of me in the same suit and shirt as I was wearing six years ago, with slightly different accessories. Let's see if I've learned anything in the intervening six years . . .

Suit & shirt are the same - BB MTM
    All the rest of the accessories in the 2010 photos are BB as well - tie & braces
    In the 2016 photos, tie is Turnbull & Asser, braces are Paul Stuart

2016:

[​IMG]

2010 & 2016, for comparison:

2010:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2016:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22 people like this.
  15. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I've gone mostly vegan over the last few months (I do occasionally ingest dairy and even more rarely *gasp* meat), not from any moral or ethical epiphany, simply for the health benefits. Cutting out almost all dairy and animal products has certainly made shedding pounds easier.

By the by, @upr_crust , I think the goatee should come back.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

So sorry, but the goatee, were it to make a reappearance, would be grey rather than brown, and I do not have the patience to dye it, nor would I tolerate the thing were it grey, so clean-shaven I remain.

17. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

What a shame. You had a Ra's al Ghul thing going on there.

1 person likes this.
  18. Sander

Sander Senior member

Yes and no. From a color theory perspective you're right, but irl there are often blue jackets that have a bit of gold (or a similar thread) in them, those practically are warm blue.

Great fit and nice colors; personally, I just like light blue shirts with brown jackets/suits better.

FWIW, I much prefer the non- Ra's al Ghul version.

19. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

To indicate how out of touch with popular culture I am, I had to Google "Ra's al Ghul", and Sander, I'm with you - the goatee is not coming back.

1 person likes this.
  20. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

I've done the same recently. Stepped on the scale yesterday for the first time in months and am down 10 pounds. Eat more vegetables and you lose weight - who would have thought!

1 person likes this.