• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pasteur

Reaction score

Looking good, @Pasteur, and welcome aboard. Tie and PS do look a bit matchy matchy, but overall quite nice.

:cheers:

Cheers!

I actually rather prefer this specific ps x tie combo.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@Claghorn
Disturbing background...
The remains of those who failed to acknowledge the superiority of the blue jacket and the brown tie.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an awfully rainy day in central Texas.

That's a small wale unstructured cord jacket, which I don't think is clear in the pictures.

Last edited:

shoelover

Reaction score
The weekend is officially here:

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You'll have to tell us all where you went trick-or-treating, if that's what your goodie bag contained afterwards - obviously it pays to go early.

SamF

Reaction score

That's a small wale unstructured cord jacket, which I don't think is clear in the pictures.
Though it shows off your dropped shoulder a bit - I think less structure in the shoulder suits you a bit better? Some of the other stuff you have looks like it has very structured shoulder and I thought they looked a bit odd.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Koala-T not sure if it's just the angle, but the trousers look superb in my view. Looks to be reasonably tapered and have a verrryyyyy slight break.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ac here, checking in.

I just spent three hours at my conference informally interviewing people for a tenure track position …

3 women, 6 men (this was first come, first served; the actual candidate pool is much larger, of course). Of the latter, only one pocket square (unsurprising). The person with the square also wore a well-tailored suit (worsted, darkish grayish blue) with a OCDB (might have been royal oxford—the weave was quite prominent) along with a nice diagonal stripe tie (stripes going from upper left to lower right, the way God intended it to) which was marred, however, by the presence of an emblem relating to our discipline (a clear failure of priorities, of course).

Me? Tomorrow I’m scheduled to address a crowd of 600-800 at the plenary session. A diagonal tie with only two strongly contrasted colors, thus visible, of course, from a distance. Show these people how it's done.

I knew you folks would want to know immediately.

You’re welcome.

Cheers,

Ac

Chulillo

Reaction score
@Koala-T those trousers look very good. They reach your shoes and therefore they don't draw that much attention to your ankles as the one you wore yesterday.
fistbump.gif

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing! Koala those trousers seem like the right cut for you!! Slimming and talling trousers

@Koala-T
 not sure if it's just the angle, but the trousers look superb in my view. Looks to be reasonably tapered and have a verrryyyyy slight break.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ac here, checking in.

I just spent three hours at my conference informally interviewing people for a tenure track position …

3 women, 6 men (this was first come, first served; the actual candidate pool is much larger, of course).  Of the latter, only one pocket square (unsurprising).  The person with the square also wore a well-tailored suit (worsted, darkish grayish blue) with a OCDB (might have been royal oxford—the weave was quite prominent) along with a nice diagonal stripe tie (stripes going from upper left to lower right, the way God intended it to) which was marred, however, by the presence of an emblem relating to our discipline (a clear failure of priorities, of course).

Me?  Tomorrow I’m scheduled to address a crowd of 600-800 at the plenary session.   A diagonal tie with only two strongly contrasted colors, thus visible, of course, from a distance.  Show these people how it's done.

I knew you folks would want to know immediately.

You’re welcome.

Cheers,

Ac

Ac, many thanks. A kind insight in to how the colonies are now fairing dear friend. Glad you are leading by example! :smarmy:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a menswear enthusiast from Finland and have been keepin' an eye on the forum but haven't actually posted anything. I think it's about time...

The only combo where navy pants work as well or better than grey.

Noice. Jacket looks a little short in the sleeves but hard to see properly.

Adjust your tie, ditch the white shirt, matchy square, and the lapel pin and this would be terriffic, imo.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though it shows off your dropped shoulder a bit - I think less structure in the shoulder suits you a bit better? Some of the other stuff you have looks like it has very structured shoulder and I thought they looked a bit odd.
Sam, I'm totally torn on this. I really like the way the few unstructured pieces look on me, but that's obviously against conventional wisdomwith regards to a wider waist and dropped shoulder. Guess I'll keep experimenting, but thanks a ton for the input. And to the rest of you re: the trousers! Thanks!! I think the reason these work so well is because they're cotton so the drape isreally good as compared to say, a lighter wool in the same cut. That said, I've never tried a lighter wool jn this cut, so I might just have to give it a swing.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam, I'm totally torn on this. I really like the way the few unstructured pieces look on me, but that's obviously against conventional wisdomwith regards to a wider waist and dropped shoulder. Guess I'll keep experimenting, but thanks a ton for the input.

And to the rest of you re: the trousers! Thanks!! I think the reason these work so well is because they're cotton so the drape isreally good as compared to say, a lighter wool in the same cut. That said, I've never tried a lighter wool jn this cut, so I might just have to give it a swing.

Conventional wisdom loses to experience every time. I have a dropped shoulder and like either a really strong shoulder or a really soft one, and most of what lies in between doesn't work well for me.

Hard to judge if that cut of trouser is perfect for you, but the length seems to be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads