• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score

Well, my definition of "casual" excludes a tie, hence this look wasn´t "casual" in my eyes, @Bureaucrat ...never meant to throw stones, i just wouldn´t wear chelseas with this kit...
Glad you liked the red SC...it´s a beautiful Ariston flannel and can be wonderfully paired with a range of colours...really versatile piece.

My take on it - combining them with a jacket is just fine, as is with dressy flannel pants, e.g. Simply adding tie doesn´t do the trick for me...

I think the Chelseas are more than fine. Maybe it is one of those regional things.

Might be the case - those Germans, bleeeh! :)

@Dennis Walter those trousers look great. Very sharp.

Thanx - they´re from Corneliani and i had them altered a bit in the waist.

Reasonable enough.

Chelsea boots are preferred by both Ralph Lauren and DocHolliday of the SF's "old guard." Suede chelseas and gray flannels are a handsome combination, IMO. I would even wear black calf chelseas with a suit.

Indeed, flannel pants + suede chelseas = win.

Same here - wearing Barker double-stitched full brogue boots to fight off the rain.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ring
Epaulet
Panta
Tyt
Khakis of Carmel

Great lighting once again.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think some would say that Chelsea boots are best reserved for non tailored clothing, or at least not a sport coat and tie. Some may disagree, but it looks a bit "fancy" to my eye.

Voxsartoria recently posted this picture.......

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I think some would say that Chelsea boots are best reserved for non tailored clothing, or at least not a sport coat and tie. Some may disagree, but it looks a bit "fancy" to my eye.

And they would be dead wrong. Chelseas are fantastic and would be my OneShoe if I needed to travel frequently, both for its versatility and for its ease of removal at airports.

@Academic2
@DocHolliday

----

J-Kap, that's a nice rig you got there. I wish there was better lighting, but it looks like it would be excellent had you had the proper conditions for a picture. Thanks for posting despite this!

----

It's Gould's birthday, y'all

Last edited:

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voxsartoria recently posted this picture.......

Are you implying that Chelseas enhance one's potential to kill bear-seals and hook women's bosoms? How can you be sure it's not the hat effecting that?
And they would be dead wrong. Chelseas are fantastic and would be my OneShoe if I needed to travel frequently, both for its versatility and for its ease of removal at airports.

@Academic2
@DocHolliday

Haven't you heard of Crocs?

I usually match mine to the color of the bar tack used on the back of my tie. #sprezz #all you other slim shadies are just imitating

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I agree with sprout but nice SuSu suit.

@Koala-T
I am glad to see your improvements. I agree with Cox on his points. I bet the Titanic can sail thru the leg space. Try to stand naturally and not with your legs so much apart. I personally hate khaki trousers. May I suggest a nice pair of light grey wool trousers?
Thanks! I didn't realize I was standing all akimbo. I wanted to try the khaki wool trousers with this particular jacket to see how it looked. I liked the color match quite a bit, but as Cox said, the fit on the pants was pretty bad.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

O, frabjous Friday.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yep. My only question is whether the OneShoe Chelsea would be black or brown. That would depend on one's wardrobe I think.

Quote:
Ah, the Goldberg Variations that changed thousands of lives. I don't love all of his interpretations, but that one was (and is) astonishing.

Cheers,

Ac

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics