• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MeachamLake

Reaction score
@MeachamLake who made the suit? Interesting cut with the generous belly on the lapels.

+1; buttonhole is also unusually large plus suit collar very small. Not sure I like the aesthetic, but it definitely stands out.

@MeachamLake Fantastic, and I echo the comment on the lapels.

Thank you for all the thumbs up, I appreciate it. The suit is by Steven Hitchcock (ex Anderson & Sheppard). He couldn't have been more of a joy to work with and is an all-round great guy!

The (controversial) lapels were a special request. I simply have always adored the aesthetic of big, wide lapels with plenty of belly, both in peak and notch forms…that's all there is to it!

That's the beauty of bespoke; you get to dress to please yourself. Which is how it should be!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooops! Forgot
Tie is Drakes for Luxeswap (@SpooPoker )

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff, gents.

@Gerry Nelson I know I've seen that square somewhere before. What can you tell me about it? It's a nice alternative to plain cream silk.

@Cleav Is that shirt black on blue, or something else?

I finally got weather to wear flannel trousers in. I'd love it if some people could weigh in on the fit of this jacket – though it's catching on my baggy shirt here, and pulling at the waist more than it would with a slimmer shirt, I'm more concerned about the length.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice stuff, gents.

@Gerry Nelson I know I've seen that square somewhere before. What can you tell me about it? It's a nice alternative to plain cream silk.

@Cleav Is that shirt black on blue, or something else?

I finally got weather to wear flannel trousers in. I'd love it if some people could weigh in on the fit of this jacket – though it's catching on my baggy shirt here, and pulling at the waist more than it would with a slimmer shirt, I'm more concerned about the length.

The square is this one: http://vandafineclothing.com/store/pocket-squares/654-cream-fans.html

I like the tie and jacket! Where are they from?

FWIW, the jacket length looks to be ok to me - maybe others might have some better input here.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The square is this one: http://vandafineclothing.com/store/pocket-squares/654-cream-fans.html

I like the tie and jacket! Where are they from?

FWIW, the jacket length looks to be ok to me - maybe others might have some better input here.
Thanks! That's a lovely dry-finished silk – I almost thought it was a silk/wool blend.

That jacket is '70s YSL – there's a matching vest, too, but that would have been too warm. The tie is a BB madder from a couple years ago.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like all of it @YRR92 - my favorite fit today. You look great and even if the jacket is a smidge short, it's by no means too short.

Thanks! High praise indeed.

CaptainTohm

Reaction score

Nice stuff, gents. @Gerry Nelson I know I've seen that square somewhere before. What can you tell me about it? It's a nice alternative to plain cream silk. @Cleav Is that shirt black on blue, or something else? I finally got weather to wear flannel trousers in. I'd love it if some people could weigh in on the fit of this jacket – though it's catching on my baggy shirt here, and pulling at the waist more than it would with a slimmer shirt, I'm more concerned about the length.
I really love the look! The jacket looks to be an appropriate length for an odd jacket on a young guy, the trousers are hemmed perfectly, and I really like the shoe choice to complete the casually-tailored look. If I was going to be very nitpicky (and apparently, I am), the pocket square and tie are a little too matchy for my taste. I think playing off the hue of your jacket, or the light blue found in your stripes and your shirt, would be something to consider the next time you wear this outfit. I digress from my nitpicking. Excellent fit!

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really love the look! The jacket looks to be an appropriate length for an odd jacket on a young guy, the trousers are hemmed perfectly, and I really like the shoe choice to complete the casually-tailored look. If I was going to be very nitpicky (and apparently, I am), the pocket square and tie are a little too matchy for my taste. I think playing off the hue of your jacket, or the light blue found in your stripes and your shirt, would be something to consider the next time you wear this outfit.

I digress from my nitpicking. Excellent fit!

Thanks. I actually have a square that would have been better here – I remembered it halfway through the day.

Cream ground with navy and dark red. Think a blue would have either been match-y with the shirt (if light), too vibrant for the tie (most mid-blues) or too dark against the jacket (navy). On the other hand, something purely warm wouldn't have had enough to do with the cool colors in the middle. So I progressed from a place I'd defend (square should have a mixture of navy, yellow/gold/cream, and dark red, in a large-scale pattern), but I don't think I made the best choice.

CaptainTohm

Reaction score

Thanks. I actually have a square that would have been better here – I remembered it halfway through the day. Cream ground with navy and dark red. Think a blue would have either been match-y with the shirt (if light), too vibrant for the tie (most mid-blues) or too dark against the jacket (navy). On the other hand, something purely warm wouldn't have had enough to do with the cool colors in the middle. So I progressed from a place I'd defend (square should have a mixture of navy, yellow/gold/cream, and dark red, in a large-scale pattern), but I don't think I made the best choice.
That square looks like it'd be a perfect match. You now have an excuse to repost almost the same outfit sometime soon!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As we had been discussing KW bi-color knits:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads