1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

Is that a Luxire shirt fabric? If so, which one?

2. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I like that a lot, @Roycru

1 person likes this.
  3. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Sorry to throw a noob question up after 1,000+ posts, but how do we learn in advance what the Friday challenges are? I never seem to discover them until the voting opens, at which point it's of course too late to get in on it.

Thanks in advance.

4. blekit

blekit Senior member

The discussion of theme and announcement with link are usually in the thread of the most recent challenge. Information with link is also usually posted on this thread.

1 person likes this.
  5. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

2 people like this.
  6. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

I had no dress trousers that matched this more casual jacket so I just tossed it on with jeans and a cardigan. Not sure if it worked and I would have preferred a green tie. Oh well. Not my best but hope it isn't too egregious to the eye. Would this jacket work with brown or tan pants? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fit

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Thanks! I verified this morning that they are the same size as the patch pockets on my other jackets.

2 people like this.
  8. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

I can feel some hate coming...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: SuSu Lazio
    Shirt: CT
    Tie: TM Lewin
    PS: Drake's

Be strong, friends from Belgium.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    23 people like this.
  9. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

@SYCSYC ummmm, why? Shirt might be a tad darker (maybe just the pic?) than I prefer, but this looks pretty great.

10. otterhound

otterhound Senior member

This is an example of complex pattern matching done right. Good job. Makes me want to buy a purple tie.

11. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

12. ericgereghty

@An Acute Style never will I ever like cardigans, but I do really dig this look [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

You've posted some nice fits, imo, Theoprof, but not this one. The tie, obviously, is a burner, jacket sleeves too long, BD shirt collar needs more roll- see UC's pic above. I dislike patterned odd trousers, but the design is small enough that it seems to resolve to solid at any meaningful distance.

2 people like this.
  14. TheoProf

TheoProf Senior member

Yeah, I swung and missed on this one. It really looked like a good idea in my head, but it was poorly executed. I've been disappointed in Brooks Brother's collar rolls. I do need to get the sleeves tailored on the jacket. Another member PM'd me a good lead here in Columbus.

I PM'd @Caustic Man when I realized I wasn't getting much positive feedback on the fit, and his concerns echoed your own. This includes, and I did not see this coming, the jacket (linen/cotton) being a bad match with the trousers (Irish linen). The jacket is a twill and behaves differently. It looks too polished with the linen trousers. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

As for the tie, this one hurts. I love this tie! You guys have already convinced me to give up my beloved tweed jacket, but I didn't expect this shantung to be a SF "burner". I'm here to learn, but I just can't believe my instincts were this far off on the tie. I like shantung precisely because they can tend to be a little brighter and "out there". I have another striped shantung tie (this one from Chipp2) that I'm hoping will be style forum approved.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I actually expected to have more misses than I have had so far when I began posting on this board, so I don't mind discovering that my instincts were off on this one. I'll hopefully have results tomorrow. Cheers.

15. An Acute Style

Thanks, but have we talked about this before. That sounds kind of ridiculous. A cardigan is a pretty standard piece of knitwear and general all around garment. Not liking cardigans is like not like pants. Or maybe not. Does this dislike extend to other forms of knitwear as well? Curious.

1 person likes this.
  16. ericgereghty

Admittedly, I have no good rationale for my view on it. The cardigan is just something I've come to associate with frumpy or doofy looking dudes, a la Mr. Rogers. My grandpa would always wear a cardigan just chilling around the house, so perhaps it's something I equate with extreme casualness in that regard. Again, not a good rationale, but it's ingrained in me I'd say.

And no, I am amenable to other sweater options. I dislike crewneck ones (hate crewneck tees as well), but I very much like a V-neck sweater. I also do like a turtleneck, at least in theory, as my wide and stumpy neck (damn wrestling lol) makes it a bit hard to wear convincingly...but the look itself is one I quite like and find elegant.

1 person likes this.
  17. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  18. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. An Acute Style

Is that Captain Obvious?

20. Caustic Man