• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's awesome when someone else's bespoke fits you that well.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
HOLD UP A MINUTE

Went to the manual "database"...

@UrbanComposition and I seem to wear the same size...

@Ercoles , you say?

Hmm...

If either of you are selling anything, hit me up

AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO HAVE ANY UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENTS

(drives to SF cackling with much evil)

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOLD UP A MINUTE

Went to the manual "database"...

@UrbanComposition and I seem to wear the same size...

@Ercoles , you say?

Hmm...

If either of you are selling anything, hit me up

AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO HAVE ANY UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENTS

(drives to SF cackling with much evil)

Not to plant ideas in your head, but if you're UC's size, you're also close to, off the top of my head, NYI's size, Claghorn's size, Tweedy's size, and (if a bit taller) Murl's size.

If a spate of SF-related deaths ensue, don't blame me.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

What makes the 17 inch better than the 13 inch besides the extra fabric? I just ordered a 13 inch one. I didn't get 17 inch because anything bigger than a 15 inch for me is like stuffing a towel in my pocket.

nothing. persona preference. If a 17" is like a towel it's because it's made from silk/cloth that is too heavy for the purpose

Last edited:

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
Not to plant ideas in your head, but if you're UC's size, you're also close to, off the top of my head, NYI's size, Claghorn's size, Tweedy's size, and (if a bit taller) Murl's size.

If a spate of SF-related deaths ensue, don't blame me.

I was looking at some of Clags' stuff on eBay, and I think he's a little smaller than I am.

So he's safe for the moment.

But thanks for the list of targets fellow-posters

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes. Plus Noodles had dibs on my wardrobe after he kills me. And while Foxtooth only pretends to be crazy....

Though that SuSu you messaged me a back some months back was a bit small for me.

Really just hope you and Noodles take each other out so I don't have to worry about cleaning out my trous de loup.

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone who posts pictures of themselves and who likes my pictures.

It is still very hot and humid in Southern California. Elephants live in places like Thailand that are hot and humid. Elephants are grey, ivory, and pink, so I thought that I might try being grey, ivory, and pink like an elephant and see if that would help dealing with the weather, since we were going to see an old school friend's husband's art at Bergamot in Santa Monica, where most of the galleries have no air conditioning.

Being grey, ivory, and pink didn't help dealing with the weather. The makers of Bombay Sapphire East Gin were giving away large gin and tonics with black peppercorns in them, so I tried that to stay cool also.

Napps ivory silk jacket, Brooks Brothers pink PPBD shirt and BB#1 repp tie, Squarextraordinare pink pocket square, Banana Republic grey linen glen plaid trousers, Eddie Bauer argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks......

...and for those who are wondering what my friend's husband's art looked like, it looked like this. This one is called "Chanel" after the French designer.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Never change @Roycru ....and never leave. I can't remember ever experiencing humidity like this in Southern CA.....it's terrible.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wednesday or Thursday. Peculiar lighting. Clearly looking forward to fall (the suit is an oddity, unlined "cool effect" Zegna fabric--which works--in clearly F/W colors)

SFF:
HY
NMWA
Meermin

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics