• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely I’m not alone in thinking this looks like @Coxsackie ?

Cheers,

Ac

Maybe Coxsackie is Dylan?? Or vice versa.
It's supposed to be a portrait of the artist after a heavy party all night and no sleep.

emc894

Reaction score

Someone call security?
Everything looks nice quality but for me the navy jacket light grey pants combination cant avoid negative security guard connotations. EDIT: Saw that you called it out as well. My bad!

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^
A more natural pose may help. But I do like the outfit.

emc894

Reaction score

First day of real autumn weather in Stockholm:

This looks very good. Whats that army jacket? I really like how you wear it almost like a barbour coat.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Everything looks nice quality but for me the navy jacket light grey pants combination cant avoid negative security guard connotations.

EDIT: Saw that you called it out as well. My bad!

If that's how security guards dress where you come from, you live in a much better dressed place than I.

This looks very good. Whats that army jacket? I really like how you wear it almost like a barbour coat.

Cheers! It's a M51 vintage field jacket. I have a few Barbour coats as well, but this is a new favourite Autumn jacket.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EFV I agree that the pants looked tight in the first pic. Presumably they have to be somewhat trim in order to cause this phenomenon when the knee bends? It can't be an optical illusion, can it?

@kulata Are your suits and sport coats cut with the same curvature of the skirt, or slightly different?

@The_Foxx Never too late to wear white pants!

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was just pure coincidence. My sport coats are RTW (Sartorio in this case) but I make my suits and prefer columnar skirts and slightly open fronts

It's actually something I was wondering more generally and wanted to ask you. It looked to me like your casual jackets are configured slightly differently from the suits, albeit on the same block. I guess not, if they are RTW. I asked because I'm experimenting with having the fronts of a new jacket I commissioned more open than the suits, in order to create two patterns. But I haven't sold myself on the concept yet...

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Special weekend edition - brunch wear, including linen trousers, which I needed for the Friday Challenge. Also included is a photo from my holiday abroad - breakfast at the Musee du Petit Palais in Paris.

Brunch wear:

Jacket - BB MTM
Shirt and trousers - BB
PS - no name brand
Shoes - Italian-made AE

Petit dejeuner wear:
Jacket - Ede & Ravenscroft
Polo, jeans, and shoes - BB

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
Everything looks nice quality but for me the navy jacket light grey pants combination cant avoid negative security guard connotations.

EDIT: Saw that you called it out as well. My bad!

@SeaJen This is not a security-guard look. A security look is: black Reebok knockoffs; grey polyester trousers belted under the gut and 2" too long in the inseam; navy blazer one size too large and in need of a cleaning; facial expression of boredom nudging into existential despair. Walkie optional.

None of these are in evidence. In short, sir, your SECURITY GUARD LOOK IS A MISERABLE FAILURE

dragos25

Reaction score
Here,security guards wear black suits,all buttons buttoned or black dress shirts with contrasting tie,usually red or yellow.
Everything triple pleated,ultra relaxed of course,with mandatory walkie talkies and suspicious frowns

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's actually something I was wondering more generally and wanted to ask you. It looked to me like your casual jackets are configured slightly differently from the suits, albeit on the same block. I guess not, if they are RTW. I asked because I'm experimenting with having the fronts of a new jacket I commissioned more open than the suits, in order to create two patterns. But I haven't sold myself on the concept yet...
Go for it, just don't get into Eidos or Liverano territory

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads