1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SC: Eidos blue gun club
    Tie: Navy knit
    Shirt: Boggi micrograph
    Trousers: Eidos navy flannel
    PS: Monsieur Fox, purple
    Boots: Bonafè
    Belt: Ted Baker (brown)

Apologies for the washed out photo. Was in a hurry this morning. And yes, the waist needs to be let out just a tad.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    4 people like this.
  2. ianmSC

ianmSC Member

Dude. Those shoes are awesome. Sorry, meant that in response to Seamaster Luxe

3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Very snowy, wet, windy day in Michigan. Green herringbone tweed suit. I wish I had gotten a long in retrospect as the jacket is a tad short. This shirt needs to be retired, sleeves shrunk too much as the jacket sleeves are actually short with my newer shirts. Sorry about that. Have a good one everyone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Details/more fit pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]

Isaia
    Borrelli
    Rubinacci X 2

Jacket has a slight pull but it is comfortable and doesnt feel snug anywhere. Might have been as I was moving to get in place for the camera.

4 people like this.
  5. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

The jacket is way short. Irredeemable IMO. Toss it, sell it, or donate it.

6. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Please accept my apologies for the thread plug here, I do think it is worthy though if for nothing else to spread good news.

A massive thank you to all those helping out. In particular @TexJake for the latest success. Please spread the word to both those that would like to donate and those that may benefit.

Ragged Trousered Philanthropists

Thanks again, carry on

6 people like this.
  7. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@Citan1145

Very clean. Nice knot.

8. TheoProf

TheoProf Senior member

Yes, I actually agree on the tie. I've been on the fence about dropping it from the rotation, so this gives me the confirmation I needed.

Thanks @WillingToLearn
    I agree that white is the best option for this one. I also like wearing white shirts on occasion. Some days you just feel like being a little more austere. :)
    Thanks for the advice! I was in a hurry this morning, and I have real trouble finding someone to take a picture of me. I'll post a full fit pic with window light below. (Note: It looks like there is some discoloration on the front of the jacket that doesn't exist in real life. I must need to clean the lens).

I'm glad you brought up the fit issue. No, I haven't had this suit tailored. Part of the problem has been time (I'm a full time professor trying to finish my PhD), and the other problem is access to a competent tailor. I'm close enough to Columbus though so if anyone has anybody they would recommend, I'm all ears. :) I do have an old shoulder injury (AC separation) that slightly affects the fit on my right side. It's very subtle, but I do think it causes a slight dimple in my jackets.

Lastly, I'm very interested in classic menswear and have picked up a lot insights over the years. I started posting because I think I've gone as far as I can judging by my own eye. Any specific insights as to fit would be greatly appreciated.

Again, remember the discoloration in the pic below is some sort of weird lighting/lens problem. I can assure you that it doesn't exist IRL.

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Ben

4 people like this.
  9. TheoProf

TheoProf Senior member

Also, in an effort to atone for my shiny tie today, I'll post a pic from this past summer. It's still a white shirt, but what goes better with a blue and white seersucker jacket than a white shirt?

PRL jacket
    Rooster Ruffler tie

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Caustic Man

That's certainly very understandable. Finding the right tailor is often a process that takes time, trial and error, and at least a bit of money. It is, to my mind, well worth the hassle if you can swing it. You've come to the right place if you are looking for help on the fit of your clothes however, if you solicit that then full body pics are appreciated, taken at a sufficient distance, at about chest level. Keep in mind that an immaculate fit can make even mediocre stylistic choices look nice. A bad fit can make even the best choices look bad.

As mentioned, I generally like your trad aesthetic. I don't mind the bright ties you've posted the last few times, although it is more difficult to make those kinds of colors work than with more subtle ones. You are keeping things simple, which puts you ahead of the game. Your shirt game could stand to be stepped up several notches. OCBD is your friend.

11. Caustic Man

If you want to go totally southern trad... pink.

2 people like this.
  12. deacon-hh

deacon-hh Well-Known Member

Today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

31 people like this.
  13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

35 people like this.
  14. TheoProf

TheoProf Senior member

Agreed! That's a great call but probably not with this particular tie.

15. Caustic Man

16. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

Hello gents. Today I'm wearing a vintage tie by Kenzo. It's hard to notice on the pics, but the flowers in the tie include a light blue spot in their center.
    I tried several PS but they all seemed to be too much in this outfit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18 people like this.
  17. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

Yup, I'm going for one MTM too. What's wrong with it?

1 person likes this.
  18. Crat

Crat Senior member

Eh, been too long. Nice to see a lot of good stuff being posted though.

Yesterday.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24 people like this.
  19. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

20. TheoProf

TheoProf Senior member

Completely agree on the importance of fit. I'm determined to get there...eventually.

Thanks, for the compliments. That's encouraging. Despite my consistency the past few days, this is out of my comfort zone.

You're right on the shirt game. I tend to stick with solid light blue pinpoint or OCBD (70%) or white broadcloth or pinpoint (30%). It's a preference thing for my professional wear. I switch things up quite a bit with casual shirts (striped OCBD's, cotton twill checks and plaids) in the fall/winter (often underneath a sweater) and madras shirts or polos (of various colors) in the summer.