• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that suit
smile.gif

Thanks, man! The flannel is perfect for the cold weather we're having right now.

mcobinad

Reaction score

Thanks, man! The flannel is perfect for the cold weather we're having right now.

I was almost going to ask if it was summer in Australia or winter but disregarded it. The same bad weather condition applies to us here in the UK and it is not a good feeling at all. Just doesn't allow us to pull off our summer outfits perfectly. :)

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was almost going to ask if it was summer in Australia or winter but disregarded it. The same bad weather condition applies to us here in the UK and it is not a good feeling at all. Just doesn't allow us to pull off our summer outfits perfectly.
smile.gif

I would gladly trade that for the summer wave we've had here in Cali. Its been over 90 since April and mostly over a 100 the last 4 weeks or so..you get tired of the heat sometimes...

mcobinad

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your kind support. Hope I'm making progress in the right direction ;)

mcobinad

Reaction score

I would gladly trade that for the summer wave we've had here in Cali. Its been over 90 since April and mostly over a 100 the last 4 weeks or so..you get tired of the heat sometimes...

I can't imagine the last time we had an intense heat wave in the UK. Just about a month ago, we had something close to that but that was immediately mellowed by spells of rain. Can't imagine how older generations will cope under such condition as 90°C. Oh dear, can't think of anything other than an invitation to early grave :embar:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wearing overcoat, gloves and scarf in Sydney today, over a flannel suit. Face it folks. Global cooling is real.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday, and milder weather has returned to NYC, hence the suit.

Suit - BB Fitzgerald
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Cufflinks - a craft fair in the Recoletas district, Buenos Aires
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wearing overcoat, gloves and scarf in Sydney today, over a flannel suit. Face it folks. Global cooling is real.

El Niño. Weather just is a bit more extreme this year around the Pacific. Snow in Tasmania, while over here it's even hotter and drier than usual with the rainy season not expected to start until mid December, whereas usually it starts around October.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@SYCSYC Noooo! Don't fall back, get rid of that suit and stock your closet with SS!
biggrin.gif

@upr_crust I really like that. I might have gone with a white shirt but the one you chose doesn't take anything away IMO.

@Gerry Nelson Showing how it's done!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads