1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Congrats, Ctian. Grey flannel suits are awesome...I love mine.

1 person likes this.
  2. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Some pictures of my favorite suit, was in the mood to take some snaps.

Close up of combo / fabric.

[​IMG]

Jacket unbuttoned -- it is my only jacket that doesn't splay outwards (even a little) when it is unbuttoned.

[​IMG]

And then better indication of jacket fit.

[​IMG]

Some Deets:

Front on shot.

[​IMG]

The back of the jacket -- normally a bit cleaner, but I think my arms were forward.

[​IMG]

Arms folded, I love how the jacket doesn't lose any shape when it is contorted, especially with respect to the shoulders.

[​IMG]

And watch deets -- put it back on the black strap, which I haven't worn for a couple years now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    29 people like this.
  3. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

The shape of that jacket is just wonderful. Love the whole rig, Newc.

5. Caustic Man

6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. Caustic Man

8. Braddock

Braddock Senior member

Yesterday and today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38 people like this.
  9. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Love that JLC! Suit is perfect, too! (was refering to Newc's).

10. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Fuckin eh, that watch is a sexy beast.

11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

That shoulder is a dead give away.

1 person likes this.
  12. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Newc is that your Despos?

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Of course, as you see. Convenience above all else.
    Thanks Murl, appreciate it!
    Braddock, I love that green donegal so much. Really great.
    Thanks ShawnBC! Appreciate it.
    Ha, it has treated me well, for sure. Owned it for probably 3 years now? There are some more interesting watches out there, but it is difficult to dislike this one.
    You previously used Despos, didn't you tits? I remember liking your stuff that you got from him... a lot. I think next time I may ask for a bit more roping (I have a sport coat in the hopper). I really like the shoulder line. It is distinctive once you develop an eye for it.
    It certainly is!

1 person likes this.
  14. mktitsworth

I have. I've the suit and four shirts. They are all wonderful.

The whole thing is really telling once you know what to look for. body is shaped so that the waist has shape without having been suppressed. The sleeve pitch is impecible - how many times did Chris make you try it on until he was satisfied with it. The fronts also have an amazing line to them. The whole thing really illustrates why I say Chris' work looks like it has been drawn on. Also, the pants? Am I right?

15. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Dude that cut/fitting was perfect. I also forget that you look pretty good in almost all your jackets

16. Nelton

Nelton Senior member

Lovely suit Citan, but could perhaps do with the sleeves being shortened a touch. Other than that I like the fit.

In terms of the square I'm not sure. I feel like white would work but that's because it works with everything. Perhaps something in the navy family?

1 person likes this.
  17. Caustic Man

15 people like this.
  18. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

The shape is something that is particularly noticeable - and is highlighted when you look at the back of the jacket. The waist is suppressed all the way around the jacket, and there is not a single part that feels tight. Not sure how to describe it, but the jacket is fully shaped even when you unbutton it. The buttoning point does not create any shape, the jacket is already shaped like that. You are right, the whole thing feels like it is drawn on. I have no experience with other bespoke, but cannot recommend Chris enough.

Amazingly, Chris had the sleeve pitch down gosh - by the second fitting? When he put the jacket on me at the first fitting, we were both amazed with how well he had gauged the shoulders and the sleeve pitch and the back. I think that we wavered most with how much shape he was to give the jacket - and the wavering was largely due to my uncertainty. This is the only jacket I own where I would not change a thing.

The pants are superb. But sometimes the jacket overshadows them. I can get a pretty excellent pair of pants off the rack, but I have never had another jacket come close to it. But the line of the pants is amazing, they have a ton of shape. And they are the only pants I own that are shaped slim without actually feeling slim, if that makes sense. His cuffs are also unreal.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. I am starting to feel very content with most all of my wardrobe at this point, which is a good feeling. Now, to win the lottery.

19. colco

colco Senior member

Is that Canadian for Fucking A?

3 people like this.
  20. mktitsworth

Chris' big thing is in watching how you move and creating a dynamic garment that moves with, not against, you. I've come to think that jacket and pants have the curves they do, and the in built shape, so that they are mechanically situated to flow with your movements. The same goes for how he has shirts made. When I got the first one I was worried that the sleeves would be short and mentioned this. He did his thing where he said, "Well, try it, and when you come back we'll see how it goes." After wearing the shirt a few times I sent him an email basically noting I'd observed that the sleeve also moved relative to the jacket to remain properly situated. It was friggin' amazing.

You're very lucky about the sleeves. At the time, I was playing a lot of racquet ball and so the shape of my shoulders kept changing. It didn't help that my shoulders are already weird because of joint laxity.