• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, CD. Shirt is white oxford spread collar Kamakura. I have worn this suit with a white shirt before, and I think it looks smashing. : )

Nice combo you have there, but something seems off with the crease on the right pant leg. Maybe it needs a new press to center the crease?

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this fit a lot. However, I think it would be a little bit better if there was a little more contrast between the shirt and the trousers... Just nitpicking though. Really nice casual summer vibe, and that SC is fantastic. Where is the polo from, if you don't mind me asking? I really like the one piece collar.

Cheers! I was going for a beach club style, where all white outfits are seen quite often, but a light blue shirt would indeed have been a better option. The shirt is made by Luxire.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
Okay guys, let me know what you think of this fit. I've had these Orvis chinos laying about for months, and I have really been struggling with how to wear them. I really like how they fit (very high-waisted) so I decided to try them today, for the first time in a while.

Trousers need a pressing, looking at the pic. Doesn't look quite so pronounced IRL.

Closeup of the shirt:

SC: PRL by Corneliani
Shirt: CT
Trou: Orvis
Shoes: Mezlan

Please critique, or let me know how you think these pants could be worn better (or if I should lose them completely haha).

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, CD. Shirt is white oxford spread collar Kamakura. I have worn this suit with a white shirt before, and I think it looks smashing. : )

Nice combo you have there, but something seems off with the crease on the right pant leg. Maybe it needs a new press to center the crease?

Thanks, could be that my leg is slightly bent, but probably needs an iron since these pants (or almost any pair of pants I own) don't visit with an iron very often.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This new suit again.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, yes, alas - it's been years since I've stormed the Winter Palace . . .

Funny you should mention that. I stormed the Winter Palace last week.

Okay guys, let me know what you think of this fit. I've had these Orvis chinos laying about for months, and I have really been struggling with how to wear them. I really like how they fit (very high-waisted) so I decided to try them today, for the first time in a while.

Trousers need a pressing, looking at the pic. Doesn't look quite so pronounced IRL.

Closeup of the shirt:

Can't really see why this didn't get any thumbs. Colour and texture matching is very nice.Trousers definitely need a pressing - the cuffs look all wonky. If the cuffs can't be pressed into a neat, non-saggy shape, you should have them removed. I would keep the pents. Oh, and wear a belt - maybe a dark brown braided leather?

edwardthefirst

Reaction score

Can't really see why this didn't get any thumbs. Colour and texture matching is very nice.Trousers definitely need a pressing - the cuffs look all wonky. If the cuffs can't be pressed into a neat, non-saggy shape, you should have them removed. I would keep the pents. Oh, and wear a belt - maybe a dark brown braided leather?

Thank you, sir. All excellent suggestions. I usually wear braces instead of a belt, but since I never really wore these trousers I never took the time to get buttons sewn on. I really like the idea of a brown braided with this outfit.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Closeup of the shirt:

SC: PRL by Corneliani
Shirt: CT
Trou: Orvis
Shoes: Mezlan

Please critique, or let me know how you think these pants could be worn better (or if I should lose them completely haha).
What color are they? Nantucket red? The fit looks ok, but they need to be hemmed. I'd go with less break and a cuff. I'd also wear them with a belt or make the outfit a bit more springy. And iron your shirt too.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The hat returns....

zetu3a3y.jpg

ty9ypudy.jpg

qumemebe.jpg

The simplicity here is refreshing, what with so many multi-patterned rigs vying for (and occasionally fatiguing) eyeballs. Crisply executed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads