• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

colco

Reaction score
I apparently do not know how to spoiler multiple images in one. If someone would point me in the direction of the directions I'd appreciate it.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@colco I believe the background is too matchy matchy with your jacket. ;)

colco

Reaction score
no credit for the precise pattern matching on the right sleeve @EliodaA?

I must admit, didn't think about that when doing the pics!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ring
Eton
Rubinacci
Exquisite trimmings square
Khakis of Carmel
GG

colco

Reaction score
@justinkapur I mostly like your individual pieces, and your coats are particularly nice. You often seem to wear them with trousers that are darker, or if not, less of a successful match than they could be IMO. You'd be better of simplifying things, and sticking with some light/mid-grey or else cream trousers for the most part. Either way, your stuff is nice.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@justinkapur I mostly like your individual pieces, and your coats are particularly nice. You often seem to wear them with trousers that are darker, or if not, less of a successful match than they could be IMO. You'd be better of simplifying things, and sticking with some light/mid-grey or else cream trousers for the most part. Either way, your stuff is nice.

I'm not sure I agree; I've been really impressed with Justin's tonal blending, which has grown substantially since he started posting. Today's fit is a great example of how to wear a lighter jacket with mid-toned trousers in a complementary palette. I agree with SB above that the multicolored shepherd's check screams for a tweed jacket and a cool autumn day, but otherwise this was pretty darn good. Just my .02.

@colco your fit above is a nice counterexample of how to keep that same tonal palette but go with lighter trousers. Both work for me in summertime fits.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tie falls into the same category of Murls wearing his loafers. Might not be the best choice for the outfit but excited and wanted to wear it.

I think that the tie choice is a perfect transition tie but it is a screen printed silk opposed to a woven. That was my reasoning in terms of weight/material to wear it. I can definitely see both sides of the argument.

Trousers wise I have plenty of grey and wear them frequently but I liked this with the tan due to the combo of the tie. Had it been another tie I might have gone pearl grey.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[spoiler ]
I'm not sure I agree; I've been really impressed with Justin's tonal blending, which has grown substantially since he started posting. [/spoiler] Today's fit is a great example of how to wear a lighter jacket with mid-toned trousers in a complementary palette. 
I agree with SB above that the multicolored shepherd's check screams for a tweed jacket and a cool autumn day, but otherwise this was pretty darn good. Just my .02. 

@colco
your fit above is a nice counterexample of how to keep that same tonal palette but go with lighter trousers.  Both work for me in summertime fits. 

Not really feeling the tonal play here. Not as successful as described IMO

Last edited:

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pardon the right cuff. Didn't lower the right sleeve jacket enough.

Suit - BnTailor
Shirt - Vanda Fine Clothing (yes, you read that right)
Tie - Vanda
PS - Vanda
Shooz - St Crispins
Scarf - The Hillside
M65 - Uniqlo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics