• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcobinad

Reaction score

You are so lucky to live in the UK, where your son can go to school dressed as a cowboy.  Once upon a time, children in the USA could go to school dressed as cowboys, but now that would probably get the child expelled, and possibly taken away from the parents.

It's a shame that certain laws in the US are so stringent. To take a child off his parents because he/she is wearing an outfit that is considered by many to be eccentric is simply excessive. That said, I believe certain laws are put in place to achieve specific positive outcomes for the common good of the society as a whole. This is what parliament tell us and subsequently go on to promulgate laws to suit their unerring views. People see government proposals from different perspective and the above statement could therefore be an illusion.

In the UK, children wear school uniforms to school but this disguise is a one off. This is nearly end of academic year so he was permitted to wear any outfit of his choice. Apart from this exception, he wears school uniform on a daily basis. In certain countries of Europe like France, children on a daily basis wear any attire of their choice from tuesday to saturday to school as far as this does not denote any religious affiliation. :)

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont think i would ever wear that shirt with a tie, nor a business suit. i never like large ginghams with anything that even leans towards formal. cuffs rolled with chinos would be how i would wear that shirt, or with gray dress pants and a very unconstructed patch pocket SC. just my 2 cents.

--

MF - dat hair tho

Cheers, stitchy!

@Monkeyface Did you do antiquing to those Meermins or is that how they came?

It's brown museum calf, so that's how they look straight our of the box. Takes about an hour of polishing to get a nice shine.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Its quite a London / Jermyn Street look than a USA look, granted.

i had a feeling you would say that, and i have heard that before from people here. its still looks off to me, but we are all products of our environment.

tuc

Reaction score
Here are some pics from last week -> Bologna and Firenze during Pitti Uomo

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@Amar ezzahi

A few days ago I saw you posted something about getting to 20 thumbs for the first time. I think I glossed over your fit the last time I added to the composite thread. Link to fit?

Last edited:

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favorite sartorio jacket, grid pattern spread collar shirt, serraicco gray tie, light gray semi slim incotex trousers for work today!

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Foxx, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I would much rather see a decent picture of your fit than a listing of the brands. It doesn't really add anything to the post who made your pants if we can't see them :) I think you have been a member here long enough to remember KitonBrioni and that's not an example to follow - at least not in my book. Tie looks lovely by the way

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It's a shame that certain laws in the US are so stringent. To take a child off his parents because he/she is wearing an outfit that is considered by many to be eccentric is simply excessive. That said, I believe certain laws are put in place to achieve specific positive outcomes for the common good of the society as a whole. This is what parliament tell us and subsequently go on to promulgate laws to suit their unerring views. People see government proposals from different perspective and the above statement could therefore be an illusion.

In the UK, children wear school uniforms to school but this disguise is a one off. This is nearly end of academic year so he was permitted to wear any outfit of his choice. Apart from this exception, he wears school uniform on a daily basis. In certain countries of Europe like France, children on a daily basis wear any attire of their choice from tuesday to saturday to school as far as this does not denote any religious affiliation. :)

There needs to be a law to prevent you giving your kids a faux hawk. Any more of that and I'm reporting you to the CPS!:D

Amar ezzahi

Reaction score

@Amar ezzahi

A few days ago I saw you posted something about getting to 20 thumbs for the first time. I think I glossed over your fit the last time I added to the composite thread. Link to fit?

Is it possible to remove a thumb?

I can swear on my little pony's life that I had 20 thumbs. Than I checked and it became 19...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads