HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

+1.

I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of feedbacks I've had that have been flat wrong.

2. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Thanks again to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves.

Joining with those who post pictures of parts of themselves, rather than all of themselves, here's a picture of part of me, but for variety (compared to other's partial pictures) I am including a turkey sandwich in my picture.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue OCBD shirt, and repp tie and Squarextraordinaire pocket square. On the off chance that anyone want's to see the rest of me, I posted a picture of all of me (including white Brooks Brothers trousers and formerly white, now dirty, Florsheim white buc wingtips shoes) in the Friday Challenge "Dress Like A Fruit" thread.......

......and since someone always asks, my friend is having a veggie quiche. I know that real men don't eat quiche (or even know how to pronounce "quiche") but this is California and my friend is a girl, so I guess it's ok to have quiche showing in a picture in this group.

[​IMG]

3. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

That's a lovely fit and a lovely turkey sandwich, Roycru. And for the record, I think quiche is the world's most perfect food. Judge my manhood as you will.

4. rms340

rms340 Senior member

@GMMcL - Not that my opinion really matters being that I'm still a novice - I never really liked those shell loafers when spoo wore them either. Something about the leather makes it seem like a formal loafer, if that makes sense?

5. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior member

Holden and Clag both look awesome in these recent fits but, especially considering all they both know about fits, I am still trying to understand, is it that showing shirt cuff doesn't matter with an SC as opposed to a suit, or are some folks of the opinion that shirt cuff should NOT be visible when wearing an SC? Of course I know I can do whatever I want but I'm trying to see if there is some classic reasoning behind a style choice I see many posters besides these two I referenced making. If this will derail things let me know and I will take the question elsewhere.

6. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I have (probably more accurately had, as I haven't actually laid eyes on it in years) that book and I thoroughly enjoyed its humor. But I always thought it was a little skewed. Real men eat whatever they feel like and don't give a damn about what others might think about that.

Turning back to regular matters, I really like that tie with that shirt.

7. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

nah. it's just that those 2 fits don't show cuff, prob cause of camera angle

8. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

@heldentenor - very nice fit but every time you post i can't help but notice that your jacket sleeves are too long.

9. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Just nitpicking, but I do believe that @heldentenor 's jacket sleeves are a little bit too long, and @Claghorn 's shirt sleeves do appear too short. At least, judging from the pics they posted.

10. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

Quote:My favourite fit of yours so far as well. That jacket seems to fit really well, I feel some of your other ones accentuate your hips too much. Looks great here.

11. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Helden's fit - better than anything I could do. But the jacket cuffs could be 1/2 - 1" shorter.

12. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

13. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

Thanks again for the tumbs yesterday, gents. It is really inspiring.

Here's today, sunday and off to worship the Almighty in an angloamerican outfit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit - Brooks Brothers
    Shirt - Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie - Harvie & Hudson
    Shoes - Allen Edmonsds
    PS - No name
    Suspenders - Albert Thurston

14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I got love for @Roy Al too. Your fits ave been decidedly improved these last few weeks.

15. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

Thank you for that. Mr Caustic Man.
    I still feel I still have a way to go and need advices for both fit and colourcombo. Thus I'm open for suggestions.