• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit for the last day of the semester. Excuse the unsightly bulge caused by my wallet in my jacket pocket; it's full of everything except money.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, Esp Clags, Betel, AAS.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Special thanks to Cotton Dockers for: a) helping me wear light colored squares; and b) helping me learn the bouquet stuff.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still new at this, so please go easy on me. (Also didn't have a lot of options today due to weather and other circumstances.)

Thanks for posting. This is a lot better, in terms of fit, than what I was posting when I started here, and keeping the color palette simple was a good idea. I hope you'll take this as an invitation to keep posting.

Tie and shirt don't go together, to my eye. I think you could wear that shirt with a block striped tie, or with some printed/non-linear pattern, but there's a lot of blue lines of similar scale fighting each other right now. Not sure from this picture if the hank adds or detracts.

The trousers are too dark for the jacket, and the shoes are too light for the trousers. It's tough to wear jackets in that color range, but I find a dark enough khaki (such that there's a noticeable contrast) works alright, as does the right light-to-mid gray. The jacket itself doesn't do it for me -- the lapels are skinny, and the color isn't all that wearable. But it doesn't fit badly, and in the right application it'll look really good. You may find it works best without a tie.

What are the trousers? My guess is navy cotton. They've got a bit of excess in the upper thigh, but a crease might take care of that.

I think the shirt collar doesn't work with the jacket lapel. The lapels are very narrow, and very high-notched. The shirt collar points down way below the notch, and is meaty enough to draw attention to the undersized lapels. I like the shirt, actually. May I ask who made it?

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Posting only for the tie. Favorite old pair of Trafalgar braces.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still new at this, so please go easy on me. (Also didn't have a lot of options today due to weather and other circumstances.)
Everything that YRR wrote about this post was spot on. I would add, for a quick fix, a solid white or blue shirt would improve this 100% Patch pockets are a nice touch for a casual jacket. Keep posting.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt/square are white, Sebastian McFox? I'm getting a pink cast to them (not that I have any room to critique photos!). Love the fit assuming it's a white square.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tieless this fine Friday...

Jacket, trousers: Brooks Brothers
Shirt: Proper Cloth
Square: Put This On
Shoes: Nordstrom

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suit is ****!!

Would I be correct in assuming that this is a compliment?

Anyway, **** are always welcome. Especially soft, warm, tan-coloured ones like this suit.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool and rainy day today so perhaps the last opportunity to wear tweed until Fall...
Jacket: bespoke Shirt: Proper Cloth Tie: Drake's Square: Put This On Trousers: Canali Shoes: Alden Bracelets: Viola Milano, Rubinacci
That is sure a nice looking coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads