1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Moderately high degree of difficulty here, executed with style. I would struggle with that tie, but you matched it exceptionally well.

First one smacks of street busker, but the rest are excellent, and a couple are stellar. Hope you keep posting, it's really nice to have another eccentric on the forum - makes me look positively staid.

The König of colour play.

You outdo yourself, my friend. I assume all those lands in the background constitute but a small part of your overall estate.

Another exceptional outfit from one of the forum masters. But you must learn to be more comfortable in your membership of a peak species.

Winging my way back from Shanghai, with its highly limited travel wardrobe. I hope to be posting fits again very soon. Also have an idea for this week's Challenge...

1 person likes this.
  2. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Today's attire includes a couple of sale items I picked up while in the UK last month - the shirt and the tie. You may not be able to see it, but the shirt has a subtle glen plaid pattern to it, hence the solid tie.

Suit - Joseph, JAB
    Shirt & tie - Harvie & Hudson, London
    Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
    PS - Ashear
    Shoes - Stefano Branchini

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  3. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

You're most kind Sir.

I took some air before dinner, only to learn the help had indeed brought in the sheaves and were rejoicing!

2 people like this.
  4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

We've always thought that you were outstanding in your field, and now we have photographic evidence to prove it! :satisfied:

5 people like this.
  5. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Actually it's baby blue. Our best friends were blessed with a twin today, boy and girl. I promised them to wear something celebratory [​IMG]
    But yeah, this morning the streets in front of every mosque were red with blood and since I share Coxsackie's talent to get stains on my clothes in the most unlikely ways, I stayed clear of all that....

[​IMG]

6. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Nice fit from today @Dennis Walter

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]

Ring
    David Donahue
    Cappelli
    Rubinacci
    Epaulet

Getting hard to take decent pictures with it being so dark out in the morning.

13 people like this.
  8. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Senior member

First attempt at layering this autumn:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. Mr Knightley

Mr Knightley Senior member

upr_ Very nice. How do you like the Harvie & Hudson shirts? They don't get much love here I notice, but having recently bought two myself I am finding them very comfortable to wear and, on the face of it, of very acceptable quality.

10. bienluienapris

bienluienapris Senior member

First time for this Silk seersucker tie :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19 people like this.
  11. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

12. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Something a bit more staid for me today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28 people like this.
  13. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    20 people like this.
  14. CaptainTohm

CaptainTohm Senior member

Significant improvement in photo quality! You look much leaner, and the beauty of your fit is more apparent. I love the jacket/shirt/tie combo. I just purchased a green grenadine, such an underutilized color in the general menswear world.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  15. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Great improvement here, Mr K. Always nice to see a new member come in, weather the initial storm, and lift their game.

A couple of suggestions if I may:

1. Jacket - fabric and cut very nice. Left sleeve looks long. Also from this photo, it appears you may have a dropped right shoulder (like me). Your sleeves may therefore need to be hemmed at slightly different lengths. This requires careful thought at time of alteration, indeed even at time of purchase. This windowpane pattern rules out alterations at the sleeve head (which would disrupt pattern matching); but extensive shortening at the hem may require repositioning the buttons... etc etc.

Hence, you need to find a really good, experienced alterations tailor who can guide as well as execute your decisions.

2. Tie. Great tie, but doesn't tie in with any other aspect of this outfit. There's nothing wrong with employing a contrasting pocket square, but I would have preferred to see a hint of green somewhere else in the fit, to anchor the tie.

3. Trousers. Your trouser game is letting you down. This pair appears to have been hemmed poorly, with several inches of excess material simply folded up inside and sewn in place, leaving an obvious horizontal bump. Also, given your previously stated issues with wide hips, it might be time to go bespoke or at least try on many pairs in a good menswear store. Look through SF for old pics of Voxsartoria's fits. His trousers (mostly if not all bespoken for him, I believe) are always very accurately fitted, with perfect seams and no bagging/curtaining. This is a very difficult thing to get right - I struggle with it myself.

Keep on posting!

4 people like this.
  16. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Thanks, guys! I've learned a ton in the last few months from this thread.

17. kulata

kulata Senior member

Koala that fit without the pocket square would have been great. But very nice as-is

1 person likes this.
  18. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

1. Thanks for the detailed post, Cox. I've been trying to figure out what to do about my dropped shoulder in regards to my current wardrobe.

2. Noted.

3. Yeah, I've noticed that my pants have become my main issue now. I know my fit issues up top for the most part, and how to adjust for them, but there are some things I can't figure out about the trousers. I'll have to seek professional help.

And Thanks, @kulata !

19. Dennis Walter

Dennis Walter Senior member

Thanx a ton, @Coxsackie . I take it you will appreciate my next WIWT posting, see below ;-)

Thanx @Betelgeuse !

Love the upper half, but if i am not mistaken, you paired Chelse boots with it, right? If so, i do think this type of shoe is too casual for the rest of the outfit...other than that, it looks great.

Gentlemen, for your viewing "pleasure":

[​IMG]

25 people like this.
  20. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

What I wore yesterday, trying to look kinda serious with a knit tie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: SuitSupply