• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Love the jacket! details on fabric?
Cheers.
smile.gif
It's Carlo Barbera for Lesser.

How do u like the Premier Cru ? What weight? Great fit too!

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a little different for a Thursday - sunny but cooler in NYC, perfect time for one more wearing of this flannel suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
PS - Robert Talbott
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Canali

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers.
smile.gif
It's Carlo Barbera for Lesser.

How do u like the Premier Cru ? What weight? Great fit too!

Very nice. Just spoke to my tailor that ordered the book. Still said he preferred the British stuff, but I'll have a look in June. Ordered a navy linen suit from W. Bill instead, and hope to use the jacket as a sport coat too.

Thank you. I believe it was around 10/11 oz. Very pleased with it. Definitely softer than the H. Lesser and the wool/mohair mixes I have, and therefore (I think) bulges a bit more over the arms and what not. Not sure if slimming them down a pinch would help. What do you think?
Can definitely see myself purchasing something in Premier Cru again, if the tailor has it ready at hand. Price is the same, so if it had to be ordered I'd probably test a 10/11 oz Lesser. (Have 13 oz ones now, and they´re great for Norway)

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Pliny Really great look. One of the nicest SC's I've seen around here in a while.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CM, your jacket sucks.

Or.

Its awesome.

Either way, Id wear it mostly with solid ties. Maybe small print neats too.

Happy SF after dark.

Thanks, or screw you. You are right, this jacket needs a solid tie. I wish I had one in the color of the tie I used. Would have been perfect. D'oh!

SF is the IRL center of SF. If you want to meet the folks here, your best chance is in Frisco.

There are too may people there I want to avoid for me to risk it.

I always thought you were Australian..

I know you were referring to Murl, but when I lived in Dubai the locals would constantly mistake me for Australian. I don't think I sound anything like an Australian but apparently it's close enough to get mistaken for one.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
The Wedding suit.

Shirt: Zegna
Tie: Sam Hober
PS: Kent Wang
Suit: Samsung Galaxy (no joke)

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't see that much, but what I can see looks good.

Thanks Sander! The lighting is a bit difficult inside at the end of the day, and I was more curious what folks would think of the tie, but this is the same suit in outdoor shots for a better view of it: http://www.styleforum.net/t/394373/...-part-iv-starting-may-2014/17205#post_7773388

Sorry to digress from CM - isn't Trumer Austrian?

Indeed it is! About 10 years ago they took the recipe and started brewing it in the east bay. It's my definitely been my go-to pilsner and there's tons of it here in SF.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bright blue tie is a brilliant choice as it brings out the hint of blue on the jacket. A smart look.
Ed's Repp. thanks CP

teriffic use of orange, and great all round Crusty
Quote: This is from the old book b4 Harrisons took over Lesser.
I was as thinking about the Cru, but went with Harrisons Oyster, which has a bit more texture. Also 13oz. Not saying its better, just a personal preference.
i expect the arms will settle with a bit of wear.

@Pliny Really great look. One of the nicest SC's I've seen around here in a while.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the colours and materials here, but I have to say that the skinny lapels, skinny tie and cutaway collar combine to emphasize the skinniness of your neck and make your head, in fact everything about you from shoulders upwards, look very small.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

vinarchitext

Reaction score

I am so glad I researched the tie and polo combo before leaving the house. The polo and tie (though I think I look good) historically were invented for entirely different purposes.

Chulillo

Reaction score

Harrisons Premier Cru chalkstripe DB, EG Cappelli, Vanda, Edward Green

Something a little different for a Thursday - sunny but cooler in NYC, perfect time for one more wearing of this flannel suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Hilditch & Key
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
PS - Robert Talbott
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Canali

I really like the tie @upr_crust

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads