Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Very casual friday. Have a good weekend everyone! Linen, cotton, selvedge, suede, good times?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

From the Friday Challenge: Drake’s grenadine tie/navy blazer/grey tropical-weight wool trousers/dark burgundy Bluchers.

Cheers,

Ac

[​IMG]

3. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

from earlier today..headed off to a networking event..plus a meeting after..decided to suit supply it up..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

4. kulata

kulata Senior member

@chocsosa Very sharp look.

Suitsupply seems to be very very useful to fill gaps in the wardrobe. Fits you really well.

5. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Thanks Kulata..it is a good rotation suit.. had it over 2 years now, going on 3 and it has served me well..wear it usually once a month and its held up well..I have always been impressed with SS..from a fabric and construction standpoint and most of their lines I can fit in well..I just wish the button stances were lower but again thats nit picking for a suit I wear once a month.. Thanks again Kulata!

6. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Tons of folks in your Good Natured thread told you your new brand should be Suit Supply. And I agree. That one navy jacket in particular fit you amazingly right off the rack. But you're being thick-skulled and aren't heeding the advice.
    This might be the boxiest suit I've ever seen. Your torso literally looks like a rectangle. That said, it works for you, and I really like the color combinations, especially the shirt/tie. Can never go wrong with a navy grenadine. :nodding:

7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I like everything about this. The seemingly effortless casual but well coordinated attire reflects the congenial and engaging personality of friend, @Citan1145

8. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

I can tell you why a boxy suit works for me. It´s because I have a boxy body with 42'' chest, 41'' waist and 42'' belly and this is nearly a rectangle. So because I am a man like a tree, I do not need a drop 8 or higher suit.

The following sentence are not a response to yours post Evolve, I think I have to say some generell words:
    Those who mean you need to wear something you look 5 or 10 kg slimmer, I like my weight, I like to eat good stuff and for sure I do not wear clothes to conceal my overweight.
    If anybody has a problem with overweighted peoples posting their fits here, I can suggest the dressedwell.net froum, the forum everybody can make fun of others.

9. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

I can absolutely understand where you are coming from, as I'm not exactly "slim", either, at about 5'11" 190 lbs. There is nothing wrong with your weight, Don, and you certainly know how to dress for your body type. I agree with the general spirit of your post; folks should dress in clothing sized appropriately according to their proportions, and not size down in a vain attempt to look thinner. Ironically, doing the latter usually has an effect opposite of what's intended. Most SF'ers understand this concept, but a few, unfortunately do not. Even some of the regular posters in this thread.

10. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Your fits haven gotten so baller. [​IMG]

11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

X-Post FC Challenge

[​IMG]

12. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

You'd probably get 20 thumbs if you posted yourself in a mankini these days (as long as it was from No Man Walks Alone)*, so I think it's worth saying that despite the quality and fit of everything here (and the suit is particularly awesome), the shirt does not work. I don't like it that much in itself, but the colour doesn't work with the colour of the tie and the suit.

There, I said it.

*I want a cut when NMWA starts selling mankinis. They're back. You heard it here first...

13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

I thought it worked really well. Like Stitch, I would have preferred if it was a solid stripe, but I think the color was perfect for the suit and tie. Sure, there are many "safer" options he could have went with, but that's why I like it....he didn't go the easy route.

14. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

The shirt was my least favorite part of the fit. However, this was only at a distance. I thought it resolved to a color that was simply too dark and didn't complement everything else well. Up close, I liked it.

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

When you get tired or bored of the second jacket, I will be happy to receive it in Messico! :D