• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted for a couple days. Today, and yesterday.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been following your blog @mossrockss for a few weeks now, never disappointed! Love the first jacket's fabric and second jacket's lapels!

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score

briefcase/bag – Pollini
umbrella – Mario Talarico
headwear – Stetson
gloves – Brioni
tie – Sozzi
pocket squares(overcoat) – Roda
belt – Ermenegildo Zegna
cufflinks – Dunhill
jacket/coat – Polo Ralph Lauren
cardigan – Poster
shoes – Trickers
socks – Pantherella
trousers/pants – Bespoke
shirt – Bespoke
perfume – Serge Lutens “Borneo 1834”

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Moss, damn that first jacket is nice.

Was just going to say the same. I would love me one exactly like that but with wider lapels. Well done!

Been following your blog @mossrockss
 for a few weeks now, never disappointed!  Love the first jacket's fabric and second jacket's lapels!

Thanks guys. It's actually kind of a boondoggle jacket to me in some ways. I had them order it in to try (from BB), and when I went to try it on, I had had a pint or two. It fit horribly in the chest, but I bought it anyway (dumb alcohol fueled decision). In order to make it fit, my tailor reduced the chest, which cost me 50% again what I paid for the jacket to begin with. He's exceptionally skilled at tailoring, but nonetheless, there are some vertical folds in the chest near the sleeves that remind me every time I wear it what I paid, lol.

I try to think of it as "drape." :D

So it goes.I am focusing on upgrading my wardrobe piece by piece with more expensive acquisitions, so this jacket is a more than adequate fall/winter/early spring jacket to rotate through in the meantime. #menswearproblems

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=141823]briefcase/bag – Pollini umbrella – Mario Talarico headwear – Stetson gloves – Brioni tie – Sozzi pocket squares(overcoat) – Roda belt – Ermenegildo Zegna cufflinks – Dunhill jacket/coat – Polo Ralph Lauren cardigan – Poster shoes – Trickers socks – Pantherella trousers/pants – Bespoke shirt – Bespoke perfume – Serge Lutens “Borneo 1834”[/COLOR]​
Excellent.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, that's a BB jacket? I think I remember it not long ago in a recent collection. I didn't buy it when it was out, not because I didn't want it, but because I had other priorities. Regardless of the fit issues (yes, let's just call the folds "drape"
fing02[1].gif
) it looks good on you.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much time @VictorSFreturn takes in the morning to decide what he's going to wear and get dressed! Consistently great fits in a broad range of style and formality!

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I'm closer to 60 than to 59 at present, hearing someone whine about the onset of middle age makes me grit my teeth. If it comforts you, however, I still think of you as a young guy
smile.gif
. Also, please note that though chronology is inevitable, maturity is entirely optional.
satisfied.gif

Some of us are closer to 70 but still think that we are closer to 12.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also middle age doesn't start at 40 for crying out loud, unless you plan on dying at 60...

Start from 20 (When you are completely grown) and subtract that from your projected age and divide by 2. I plan on living to be 120, so 120 - 20 = 100. 1/2 of that is 50, add back in the 20 years and my middle age will start at 70.
thumbs-up.gif

So Roy you are still a young man not yet into middle age.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads