1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Yeah, I do.

While it's VERY Brown. the subtle textures/Patterns gel nicely. Also, his fitment is on point. Resulting in what looks to be a very comfortable, understated, and functional fit. more of a "regular rig" than a statement fit. - it's well thought out. and i like that.

1 person likes this.
  2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]

Ring
    Barba
    Bigi
    ET pochette
    Epaulet espresso
    GG

18 people like this.
  3. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

hmm. OK!

4. MrTRC

MrTRC Senior member

Tell us how you feel ;).

5. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

HAHAHA. sometimes i feel like im the only one wearing their glasses.

1 person likes this.
  6. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I feel like @DonCologne was responding to his highly colourful fit the other day by going for something more restrained in colour, but swung too far the other way. The sweet-spot is somewhere in between these two fits. A bit of contrast and colour variation but not too much. I wouldn't have gone for dark brown trousers with a predominantly brown jacket.

7. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

one should embrace the benefit of a solid shirt and more sublte tie when pairing such loud fabrics.

2 people like this.
  8. Thrift Vader

I would have gone with a soft Blue solid shirt. a darker Blue tie with dots .And some tapered dark jeans.

But hey, his fit in general was nice.so let him enjoy it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  9. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

So yeah, if he wouldve changed the pants, shirt, and tie...it wouldve worked better.

soo....nice....jacket?

i guess thats where im confused. Are we here to post pics and show off? or are we here to post pics and get feedback to better ourselves? Seems this thread is leaning toward the forum version of instagram.

4 people like this.
  10. MrTRC

MrTRC Senior member

I don't get the four-pattern bingo some to revel in here on WAYWT. Then again, i admit to being a tad boring and conservative. Be that as it may, some solid in a composition (even a semi-solid) is more often than not simply good to ground the kaleidoscope of colours and patterns.

11. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Hello, gentlemen - It's been a loooong time since I've been on this Forum and finally found the time to come back. First off, I have retired as of July 1st this year and am beginning to figure out what I will be doing with the rest of my time. Since last here, I have started doing crewel embroidery work and have begun to start creating some of my own work. Also, I have gotten married last year and have been adjusting to a new lifestyle. We've put the house up for sale and planning on moving to another state, - where the living is easier than NJ!

Glad to see everyone is doing fine and that you are all as handsome as ever!! :slayer: Have missed youse!

3 people like this.
  12. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

If you can't enjoy wearing your clothes in spite of what strangers on the internet say, you shouldn't be posting them on a discussion forum.

5 people like this.
  13. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

4 pattern can be done tastefully. its rare, but possible. This specific attempt was a miss. when going multiple patterns, all 4 shouldnt be loud.

14. Thrift Vader

He could change any one of those items for a greater result. sure. - the jacket is a beast, it fits him really well. and i love the fabric.

but in the grand scheme of things? this is the "What are you wearing today? thread".
    and how you, or i would have done it, is of little consequence to how another man chose to dress himself today.

personally? Id rather let people know what they are doing well. than be so bold as to assume the way I would have done it would have been any better for him in his circumstances. if somebody asks? i'll tell 'em. otherwise? just credit where it's due.

I know, Nut up or shut up. fits in the next few days, and how another person would have done it will mean little.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  15. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

I am a man of constant sorrow​
    I've seen trouble all my days​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nja, not so sure about the loafers.

18 people like this.
  16. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

@Roy Al Is it just the angle, or are those pants super duper high rise? They look awesome!!

2 people like this.
  17. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

They are high. The picture is pretty accurate.

2 people like this.
  18. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

the WAYWT thread started as a thread to post what youre wearing to learn what works and what doesnt. And while i agree theres a lot of room for interpretation and personal style, theres still a matter of what works and what doesnt and what looks pleasing to they eye. This incoherent mix of fabrics and patterns do not. period. Sometimes we swing and miss. if you cant take it and it offends you, you probably shouldnt be posting fits on a forum dedicated to critiquing fits.

But i think you and I are just looking at this from opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm not here to get my ego stroked or to stroke egos. when i post a fit, i want to know if it works and if it doesnt, i expect honesty and i want to learn to better myself.

3 people like this.
  19. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

damn fine.

2 people like this.
  20. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

When I feel that way, I just hit like. If I wanna ask a question or offer some semi-solicited feedback, I'll respond, or if I think the person doing it needs some good feedback because I've given them some harsh input recently.

I'll only post "this is great" without comment or whatever if I think something is unimpeachably perfect – and to have somebody then come up like "why do you think that's so great?" is pretty reasonable.

2 people like this.