HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

AS, at least you mix patterns/colours really well - Yet the sheer amount of rule breaking that guy is doing is crazy, but I guess that is what inspires the vapid #menswear followers to dress like him. What the hell is the point of wearing a DB without buttoning it, or not doing up double monks? I can't believe twitter and Tumblr fawn over Lino and Lapo, they dress like a joke.

2. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I'm not the biggest fan of Lino. I think his jacket and pants are too tight, his pants are too short and his shoes are clunky. His tie and overcoat game is on point though. Real talk. I like Lapo.

3. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Those lucky 7s are kinda goofy to me. Anyway, good to know I'm not alone here.

4. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I don't like the 7s either, but the ties are very nice otherwise. Also, thanks for the compliment. [​IMG]

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

l2b - excellent SC.

6. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

Thanks, Stitches! From the moment I put it on, it instantly became one of my favorites. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

its defo a winner. :slayer:

8. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

its my favourite piece from my current scrolling section through this thread. what colour are the pants? more med grey or a slate?

9. luv2breformed

luv2breformed Senior member

I would call them light gray. Slate is prolly closer. Here they are next to some of my med gray and charcoals. They are on the far left.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Just checking in to thank dudes for their thumbs this week and last. I do appreciate the support.

Carry on....

11. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Same goes for me. I don't think I say thank you nearly enough so....thanks erbody! Especially for making me somewhat of a regular on the coveted "20 thumbs" thread. I preciate it.

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I done messed up e'rbody's priorities with that there thread. [​IMG]

Which reminds me, I'll be getting in touch with some folks here and there to help me with a project starting next week. I'll be asking people who are known for certain things to be selecting a best of whatever that category is. For example, @upr_crust , @Holdfast , and @in stitches , being known for their poses, will be asked to pick their five favorite poses from that thread. I'll be asking @Pingson , @Manton (should he want to participate), and @Cleav to pick 5 CBD looks (though I'm worried that they may fail to select themselves in a bout of misplaced humility, as if I had to choose 5 CBD looks from the last year, they might take all 5, though Elio would probably squeeze on in there as well).

Probably going to be between 15-20 categories.

13. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

Canali is generally considered a good fit for those with "wide shoulders". I have only seen them in drop 6. What this means for someone of my proportions is that a suit with a 46" chest and a correspondingly wide shoulder will have a 40" inch waist. If you have a 38" waist, for example, you will have to get the pants tailored and the jacket waist suppressed. Difficult if your drop is bigger. But that is almost always the case with OTR unless you are one of those fortunate few for whom OTR in some makers is a perfect fit. I have seen Isaia, Brooks, Armani and other brands with drop 7 and 8. They may have them in Canali, but I haven't seen them. So far as pants are concerned, you will rarely get the young man's ideal of slim fit and sub 8" opening OTR. And rise is a matter of personal taste, but it tends to be higher in high end brands (generalisation). Tailoring also required. Check out the result below when Cox had a Canali expertly adjusted. He is slim, and it works more than well. He is certainly not a "fatty". Failing that, MTM or bespoke.

14. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

Sorry, that was meant for the Australian thread.

15. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Needed a power suit for today's presentation (then hopefully off a little early this afternoon)!!
    Cesare Attolini navy suit with French blue pinstripe
    Lobb brown shoes
    Bigi Milano tie
    Isaia long semi spread collar shirt
    Omega seamaster gmt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]