1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. colco

colco Senior member

Yes, purchasing or commissioning the correct size seems lost on some posters....

2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

@Tom Miler , the thought you and your tailor have put into that jacket shows. Also, sorry for misspelling your name previously!

3. FelixTheFinn

FelixTheFinn Well-Known Member

You most certainly do have international readers, well more lookers at pictures than readers that is. Obviously one must match their cigar cutters to their jacket buttons, anything else would be a giant faux-pas... [​IMG]

Felix

1 person likes this.
  4. JL724

JL724 Senior member

Details on the jacket?

1 person likes this.
  5. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

@Tom Miler great outfits and lovely photos. At first I misread your location as Portland and was thoroughly confused [​IMG]

@Braddock absolutely love that shade of green! Details on the fabric?

@Murlsquirl this is good but a tastefully patterned pocket square would make this great, IMO.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sander

Sander Senior member

This is nice, hope you're wearing dark shoes. :D

7. Tom Miler

Tom Miler Senior member

I could do with Portland though --> a very good friend of mine lives there, I visited and enjoyed it a lot :D

8. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Thanks...who said I'm wearing shoes. I just put this on to take a selfie, post on SF, and go back to bed.

ComfortablyDumb, I wear a PS maybe twice a year and it's usually at some event...I don't disagree with you though.

4 people like this.
  9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Murl, new jacket?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  10. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Yep. Suit Supply Jort.

11. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

[​IMG]

And tried a new morning spot, but the light is really yellow and it's harder to get the focus right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32 people like this.
  12. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

[​IMG] Oh no he said it!

I'm just kidding! Okay, halfway kidding - there seems to be an anti clip-ons suspensers vibe on SF.

Oh damn, that's nice!

I never really took the time to comment, but I just wanted to let you know @Gerry Nelson that I really love the color combos you put out and your dedicated attention to pattern / fabric matching! Those cords are nice!

[​IMG]

Amen, we need more on #menswear communities!

Yes he is, and so is the (sadly now-inactive) Ethan Desu / Ethan Newton - speaking of which, since he left The Armoury to go work for RL, he kinda stopped updating his blog and his IG account, which is kind of a bummer (at least, for me!).

Lovely jacket - yet somehow I'm still confused as to why no one gave you a hard time about your unbuttoned collar! Can't wait to see if you have any new suits and/or jackets in the making for F/W!

I'm in Canada and check your IG account on a regular basis - liquor, cigars and #menswear for us "bigger" guys (with all respect) is all I need to cheer my day! If I may, tho, you mention having launched your shirt brand - I personally find the collars lacking - points are somewhat short, doesn't hide under the lapels, and lack "life" for lack of a better word. Maybe that's a regional thing, tho!

As for the gold watch - unless it's real gold (as it, not plated), I don't think it's worth it! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I love this, worth not spoiler-ing!

Plus, the lighting in your new selfie spot is good, but I would zoom in on the subject (you) as there's a lot of empty space (wall) that doesn't bring anything to the picture and it's harder to focus on your outfit.

Nice stair rail, though!

1 person likes this.
  14. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Thanks man! Yeah, I'll play around with the spot a bit. It's out in the common area of the building but a floor up from where any of the apartments are - so I'm just hoping the beep beep beep of the camera timer isn't audible :embar: The life of a selfie-er.

16. Tom Miler

Tom Miler Senior member

Quote: Wow thanks a lot :D As for the collars, for the moment I opt for kent but that may change with time :D

1 person likes this.
  17. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I was just messing with you (I don't hate clip-ons personally, I just prefer buttoned braces, really). I understand what your point is, tho!

Cheers!

2 people like this.
  19. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

20. calypso

calypso Senior member

Hepp!

thanks for the tie DonRaphael

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22 people like this.