HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

You need to polish your shoes. These are not shiny enough.

3. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I know a more than a few very stylish guys that went from wearing a jacket and tie every day to scrapping tailored clothing all together because they got tired of people telling them how they were putting things together wasn't "correct." Having someone comparing not polishing shoes to not showering is the perfect example of this. I have zero interest in looking even remotely similar to someone who thinks this way.

4. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

I think you're taking this a little too personally. That comment was meant to be a humorous comparison. Obviously the two do not equate. I also wonder if you realize that making an effort not to look affected is exactly what being affected is all about. But do continue...

5. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

A FaceBook friend of mine literally posted this on her page the other day:

"I've been citing science as a defense for my laziness and procrastination for a while, but most people love showering too much to stop drying out and abusing their skin."

So. You know. Even showering isn't a foregone conclusion.

6. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

[​IMG]
    Thanks awfully to everyone who liked the picture of the White Rabbit and I.

Thanks also to everyone who took the time and trouble to post so many wonderful pictures yesterday and today. I have tried to give your pictures "thumbs", but when I clicked on the "thumb" icon a little box appeared and said give someone a "reputation" and make a comment.

When I was at school, a "reputation" was the worst possible thing that a girl could have, and it was quite nearly as bad if a boy had a "reputation". I have also received several emails from Styleforum saying that some people have given me a "reputation".

I'm dreadfully sorry for whatever horrid thing that I did to gain a "reputation". I have tried to figure out what horrid things I have done, and I think that the worst thing that I have ever done is post pictures of this suit, which I wore again today. It seems to combine so many things that some people don't like.

It's a Brooks Brothers (Made In USA) tan and brown mini houndstooth cotton suit, with a three button darted jacket with dual vents and the trousers have two backwards facing pleats, cuffs, and are shorter than some people prefer. I am also wearing a Ralph Lauren Polo Fairisle sweater vest and a Brooks Brothers ecru PPBD shirt, two things that some people don't like, particularly when worn with a suit.

I am also wearing Allen-Edmonds khaki grain McTavish wingtips shoes, although some people don't like the idea of wearing wingtip shoes with a suit. I don't remember anyone not approving of Hardy Amies wool ties, but maybe someone out there does. Sorry......

7. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Wow. If I had a job that allowed me more flexibility in my clothing choices I would aim for the look Nick makes look effortless. I think he looks fantastic.

8. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Roycru, although my sartorial preferences are very different from yours I always enjoy your posts. You have a unique sense of timeless style which sets you apart from most of us on here. Keep up the good work :)

9. TWU2014

TWU2014 Senior member

"Ignore those that have been rude. Or, critical of you. We are here to learn and share.

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    nothing too exciting, very classic menswear uniform

11. NickPollica

I don't take your comments personally. I'm going to dress the way I dress whether you think its affected or not. I'm only responding because I feel like your general tone in this debate is symptomatic of a problem that I think is, in general, damaging to the future of my industry. The world is getting more casual and most young people have little need for fully canvassed suits. If we want the things we love to be around for us to enjoy them, we need to be more open about how they are worn.

12. NickPollica

I al
    I always love your fits.

13. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Kids not needing canvassed suits has no bearing on the industry.

14. Ihami

Ihami Member

Any advice greatly appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

havent really worn it out yet, just around the house. Is it viable to wear dark blue suede tassels with these?

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Late to the game, but damn Tira, that fit was fire.