1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior Member

Public holiday today.. Joining the tweed /roll neck brigade..

[​IMG]

Ps. @Tirailleur1your latest fit was simply awesome. Your photos are always top notch, but I don't always like style (sorry..) but this one was stella

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

2. sprout2

sprout2 Distinguished Member

I think Tirailleur unlocked a secret combo (vivid green + rich orange) that is fortuitously snazzy. The photo might be a bit oversaturated, too? Not sure, but I hope it looks as rich in real life.

3. arnathor

arnathor Distinguished Member

I think this is the suit, and it only costs $711.
    [​IMG]

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Easter is coming early. Had to go to work, so figured, why not... Lot easier to take fit pics in the new place, whoop!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

I very much appreciate this thread - I have learned a tremendous amount and truly respect the knowledge and application of that knowledge to everyday style that many of the regulars exhibit. I am totally happy to lurk here and not post, although I know I would improve tremendously more if I did post.

If you all are truly open to honest feedback from someone that has attempted to post, here it is. This forum is not particularly open to new posters, based on what I have seen and my own experience. Specifically, almost all new posters' photos are going to be of the selfe-bathroom-mirror variety, which almost always leads to immediate general, not specific and constructive, criticism. Almost all new posters don't own a digital SLR, a tripod, nor do they have a photographer on call every morning, so maybe that precludes us. Beyond that, for new folks, the feedback needs to be very specific and simple in order to be helpful. I really hate to cite my own experience b/c then it just sounds like I am some bitter troll, but I posted two fits in one post, got no response, re-posted the post as a second attempt and got one comment. My note in the post was I know I need help on my PS/tie game and I err on the side of too match-matchy, the comment i got was "that tie doesn't belong within a hundred yard of that PS". That is likely true, and I know the poster thought he was funny, but that doesn't help me improve or motivate me to continue to post. I respectfully followed up, thanked him for taking the time to post, and asked specifically why (colors, texture), and got no response. I get the whole haze the new guy thing and that you gotta have tough skin. I promise, I have been through plenty of hazing and have alligator hide. Some new posters don't truly want to hear the criticism, and so there will be some attrition, but for those who have thick skin, the question is whether it is a good return on their invested time to post. Maybe we should try posting elsewhere, is there another thread where newbies should post and you all can just make this the forum for the veteran major leaguers?

Again, I am grateful for this thread and what I have learned, happy Easter / Passover to you all.

WTL

6. sprout2

sprout2 Distinguished Member

Lurk -> imitate -> post -> be ridiculed -> re-lurk -> imitate, compare, analyze, contrast -> post -> collect a few thumbs -> re-lurk, etc.

Time horizon required: several years.
    Budget required: infinite

I don't think it's so much hazing as it is that no one in their right mind has time to give hands-on, step by step pointers to someone unless they are billing by the hour.* There is ample photographic evidence that can be used to triangulate. If you get a "ten foot pole" reaction, you haven't studied the tablets enough. Also, ten foot pole reaction is the fastest remedy.

*Undoubtedly countless members will gladly offer these services for a fee. [​IMG]

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

Where's the bit about quilting and picnic attacks?

8. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior Member

Knitted, pinned and contrasted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. AJL

AJL Distinguished Member

i see you have not fared much better with this attempt. Allow me to offer this suggestion: http://www.styleforum.net/t/375309/...roving-a-business-wardrobe/17205#post_7607880. You may find you get a better and more helpful response there.

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

TASSEKS. Get it right, bruh. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

11. hoodog

hoodog Distinguished Member

Bumping this. No one else that wants to weigh in?

12. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Distinguished Member

B&Tailor-enhanced outfit. (Tie and PS purchased from their atelier today.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Distinguished Member

Keep the beard, brah. [​IMG]

14. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior Member

:)

15. Penfold