Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Awesome. I just found it last week. I usually hate taking pictures of anything, but the results have been surprisingly pleasant and it has restored my faith. I just fiddled with it now and I found you can enable an onscreen level to tell you how straight you're holding the phone [​IMG]

All in all well-designed and one of those surprising cases of more features actually being better.

3. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Victor, what do you do for work? Bespoke everything and having a professional photographer cataloging your wardrobe makes me think you are rolling in rubles.

4. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

I need some advice, guys. I'm on the fence about keeping this suit. Mainline Corneliani, got it at a good price from Yoox, but I am a bit unsure about the narrow pinstripe pattern. Any thoughts about the pattern? Or anything else? Is it a keeper? Thanks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

5. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

6. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Senior member

What this forum needs more than anything is SKRWT, a lens-correction app. They had to give the iPhone such a fisheye (I think the 35mm equivalent would be around 13-15mm) in order to make the thing work that it isn't very good for any kind of portraiture. It's a real funhouse mirror, though I understand why folks use it; everything in photography is a tradeoff. I've taken some well-known shortcuts myself.

But the iPhone does throw off all your proportions, which runs somewhat counter to the purpose here. That's why, though I do a lot of other lazy crap, I'm always shooting into a mirror with a DSLR. I need the extra distance from myself to the mirror and back in order to get about a 50mm focal distance (which is undistorted) and still get my whole body in the frame.

You do need a fairly good eye to correct with SKRWT, though, as there's no real formula for how much distortion to remove.

7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

It doesn't matter. And rather impolite to ask.

8. thefoxtooth

Between @Tirailleur1 , @VictorSFreturn , and @Gino Abruzzo , we are seeing some real tassel loafer game on here.

Oh, and @arnathor , I suspect Victor is what you might call an oligarch.

@Claghorn :
    [​IMG]

9. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

[​IMG]
    Can I haz a federal reserve?

10. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior member

I have a very small business. In the past I owned a business a little bigger.
    But in 2011 due to the sad katostrofy at Fukushima my business (also not very big, but much larger than it is now) collapsed.
    I became bankrupt, and left in other areas.
    Now a severe crisis in general and as a whole. With difficulty kept afloat. :(

11. thefoxtooth

Remember, kids: a pile of money only buys you tasteful things if you had good taste to begin with.

[​IMG]

I am just a meme ninja today.

12. VictorSFreturn

Good fit. Only need a little to shorten the sleeves and trouser legs. Possible to remove a couple of inches at the waist.

But the color I do not like - too small and noticeable stripes. This costume is too conspicuous for frequent wear.

If this was a chalk stripe slightly wider and not so common (stripes on the step increase of 2.5 times) - then it would be better. Would have made bank retro-style high-level (but then again - taking into account the color of the suit has a very light shade - that option was obviously not every day)

Or - the strip would be barely noticeable - almost visible - then it would be almost monochromatic version suit with visual melange. Then, too, could buy it.
    But this suit - in spite of the good form - is not too good color and stripes.

I would be very cautious to buy it with. You can wear it rarely ...

13. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Temperature dipped down, so debut of some new flannel and cashmere. I see what all of the fuss was about with Rota trousers. I now want to discard about five pairs of grey trousers that will never make me as happy as these do.

Tie is Panta cashmere from Ed's new "denim cashmere" line. Substantial, really soft, yet ties a pretty good knot. I love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. VictorSFreturn

I think - if a little decrease in waist jacket (and not on the side seam (so are likely to be too pull the front shelves jacket) - and on the back seam (as is likely to be much better)) and just take in the sleeves from the elbow to the bottom (cone ) - that would be great.

15. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Agreed, Victor--a little more shape in the waist would give this jacket more pleasing lines.