• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
I Agree :)

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ring
Boss
Talbott
Pocket round idk who makes it
Pantherella
Bontoni

I took 2 pics outside the train then this one inside. Surprisingly this one was the best. Happy Friday gents

Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good, Justin. I like the pink paisley.

I've found that for iPhone pics I get the best results either inside a place that has a good amount of natural light flooding in or outside in the shade - but either way direct sunlight or only fluorescent lighting is a killer of hopes and dreams.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking good, Justin. I like the pink paisley.

I've found that for iPhone pics I get the best results either inside a place that has a good amount of natural light flooding in or outside in the shade - but either way direct sunlight or only fluorescent lighting is a killer of hopes and dreams.

I totally agree. I've been attempting to take different angles as well as locations. I'm pleasantly happy with the lighting in this pic. Just gotta up that game now

Did the guy sitting in front of you give you weird looks when you were taking pictures of yourself?

Lol I'm discrete. Plus dude is deep in his literature

TWU2014

Reaction score

briefcase/bag – Pollini
headwear – Hermes
gloves – Merola
tie – Fumagalli
pocket squares – Roda
pocket squares(overcoat) – Roda
suspenders – Albert Thurston
cufflinks – S.T. Dupont
shoes – Trickers
socks – Pantherella
overcoat – Bespoke
jacket – Bespoke
trousers/pants – Bespoke
shirt – Bespoke
waistcoat – Bespoke
perfume – XerJoff “Kobe”
I apologize. I put the thumbs up before reading your request. Again, I apologize. You are one of the top five best dressed men I've seen.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA for especially the new/infrequent posters: Spoiler tags, use them.

We don't need to see the same pics again that were posted two posts up, and although Tira and Victor are both crushing it, we got it the first time. Understandable if you want to choose one shot to leave unspoilered because your commentary is specifically about something in that shot, or you're quoting something from many pages ago, but otherwise it helps to keep the thread clean and mobile/scroll-friendly.

And for the umpteenth time, don't touch the god dang thermostat! :censored:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I totally agree. I've been attempting to take different angles as well as locations. I'm pleasantly happy with the lighting in this pic. Just gotta up that game now

The other thing I'm finding helps a ton, and it may not be on all iOS versions, is tapping the area of the screen that is the brightest element/most blown out by over-lighting (often the shirt), which darkens the whole image for that shot. You can even adjust the light level on the pic by sliding the little sun up and down before you take it. I always find it's easier to lighten up a pic afterwards than darken it.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Last edited:

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other thing I'm finding helps a ton, and it may not be on all iOS versions, is tapping the area of the screen that is the brightest element/most blown out by over-lighting (often the shirt), which darkens the whole image for that shot. You can even adjust the light level on the pic by sliding the little sun up and down before you take it. I always find it's easier to lighten up a pic afterwards than darken it.

The app Camera+ is extremely powerful and can adjust white balance and focus point on the fly through a grid-based system. It also has some rather snazzy filters for different contexts. I think it's about $4, but it is well worth it.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The app Camera+ is extremely powerful and can adjust white balance and focus point on the fly through a grid-based system. It also has some rather snazzy filters for different contexts. I think it's about $4, but it is well worth it.

I don't know much about photography (iPhone or otherwise), but is this app better than VSCO?

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about photography (iPhone or otherwise), but is this app better than VSCO?

No idea, I hadn't heard of the latter. Consider that one is free and the other is $4, it would not hurt to try both. Considering the amount we spend on neckties, it seems trivial to compare both if it would enhance train pics...

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

$2....just downloaded it. I like it a lot.

Quick before and after....note that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads