• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=141823]briefcase/bag – Finamore headwear – Stetson scarf – Carhartt gloves – Finamore tie – Corneliani pocket squares – Bespoke pocket squares(overcoat) – Roda belt – Ermenegildo Zegna cufflinks – Monblanc shoes – Trickers socks – Pantherella overcoat – Bespoke jacket – Bespoke trousers/pants – Bespoke shirt – Bespoke perfume – Clive Christian “№1”[/COLOR]​
Is this just a jacket or part of a suit? Would love to see this as part of a suit. Also, tie knot is a little large, no?

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
It's just a jacket

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Betelgeuse Is that a brown tie or a burnt olive tie? Either way, a superb tie choice here.

@Anden agreed, the fits have been at an all-time high for the first time in probably 7 years. Your tie seems too dark and similar to the tone of the suit here. It looks a bit undertaker-ish or, with that kind of collar spread, manservant-ish. Also, don't mean to pile on, but I think glasses with less vertical profile would fit the size of your facial features better.
Well the idea was to have similar tones but different textures. I take your point on the collar. Thank you.

Slh

Reaction score

I take both parts of your comment as negative. Noted the collar but please elaborate on why this is so bad in other parts.
not much love for cutaway collars in this forum.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One hopes that I do not look to be the April Fool.

Suit - RLPL
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
PS - Alain Figaret
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Longmire
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - C & J
Overcoat - BB
Hat - Selentino via JJ Hat Center
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I take both parts of your comment as negative. Noted the collar but please elaborate on why this is so bad in other parts.

Nonono, not at all. The problem with written language and the absence of intonation etc. I like the outfit a lot, I just wanted to comment on how muted and conservative the color palette is (a "trustworthy" outfit, hence the life insurance), but the collar makes it not conservative at all. The collar is a little extreme for my taste, as soon as a collar does the "seagull wings" I'm out, but it is by no means bad.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One hopes that I do not look to be the April Fool.

Suit - RLPL
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
PS - Alain Figaret
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Longmire
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - C & J
Overcoat - BB
Hat - Selentino via JJ Hat Center
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London

Is the tie printed or woven? In the sitting shot it looks like one of the those large scale madders but in the close up it looks like a woven jacquard. Whatever the case, looking good!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the tie printed or woven? In the sitting shot it looks like one of the those large scale madders but in the close up it looks like a woven jacquard. Whatever the case, looking good!

Thank you, and for the record, it's a woven jacquard - the close up tells the truth.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nonono, not at all. The problem with written language and the absence of intonation etc. I like the outfit a lot, I just wanted to comment on how muted and conservative the color palette is (a "trustworthy" outfit, hence the life insurance), but the collar makes it not conservative at all. The collar is a little extreme for my taste, as soon as a collar does the "seagull wings" I'm out, but it is by no means bad.

Why are you guys all talking about his collar in relation to formality and all that when his trousers seem to fit as tight leggings? It's too bad, because I like the top half of the outfit.

Last edited:

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will do this again with another shirt. As stated it´s not my prefered collar but I still use it from time to time. Maybe I should use it for tieless days instead. I understand seagull wings now.

While on the subject. I have one of these: http://www.trashness.com/product/extreme-cutaway-shirt. Hangs in the closet. Used twice I think. Never again.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys all talking about his collar in relation to formality and all that when his trousers seem to fit as tight leggings? It's too bad, because I like the top half of the outfit.
They are on the tight side. My thighs and calfs are quite large due to many miles on the bike. I would prefer a fuller cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads