1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well. I have to get dressed. My wife nixed the tape on the floor-I had already asked. Chair adjustment is the biggest time-suck in the process. Blinds I can do by instinct. Color balance too (though most of the time, I let the camera sort itself out...key really is letting in the right level of light in through the blinds so that the camera can do its thing). Exposure is super quick. Never adjust more than +/- .3

2. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Good first post but top half is a little too formal for the bottom half. Next time try a wool / knitted silk tie and a less formal shirt (anything but white or with a less stiff collar).

3. AJL

AJL Senior member

That or lose the jeans. I'd say lose the jeans regardless, as so few SC/ jean combos seem worth the effort IMO. I agree not a bad first post overall though, and welcome.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  4. kulata

kulata Senior member

Xpost

5. RecklessGent

RecklessGent New Member

Noted. Thanks chaps!

6. greger

greger Senior member

That is a nice vest.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ agreed. Victor your pix are too good!

You are not alone… yes that suit is awesome. :nodding:

8. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Those jeans look unbelievably tight. Killer shoes and nice watch, though. [​IMG]

9. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Consistently, some of the best fits.

10. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Sitting by some palm trees on Palm Sunday (it's around 90F here today).......

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue and white university striped OCBD, and tie, Land's End trousers, bamboo (that's what it said on the package when I bought them) socks that are falling down, and Allen-Edmonds khaki grain McTavishes.

11. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

12. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Senior member

Oh, I hear you. I have to be really careful with that thing on my face in CM, so I don't look like a historical re-enactor. Probably why I only have 2 DBs and 1 SB peak in my whole quiver.

The thing I love about this Soho is its soft, easy quality, and how well it dresses down. I'll probably wear it 90% of the time tieless, with white or tan Levi's, or trim cotton or linen trousers, with like a suede loafer or something equally casual. Hint of old Hollywood glamour without the costume element.

Do have to rock it with the full ensemble from time to time though. Hell with it.

13. thefoxtooth

Eh. Inseam Bullwinkles happen. I'm 99% certain Claghorn doesn't have any intention of sitting like he's doing here out in the world, but between my crotchtastic slumpstravaganza and that, I know which is going to draw a bunch of weird stares in real life.

And thanks!

14. thefoxtooth

@Claghorn I don't know if it's occurred to you that I'm not only up against the clock, but also my own creativity and perfectionism.

I have a bewildering number of creative interests and—if I dare say—talents, and if even a quarter of them are going to reach anything near their full potential I have to be very careful which rabbit holes I go down.

I've crewed on a few major films, and also worked doing a lot of celebrity shoots with some extremely famous photographers. It gave me a great respect for photography as a talent, but the standard 12+ hour days gave me an even greater respect for it as a job. Doing that stuff really, really right is time-consuming. I am approaching that rabbit hole with EXTREME CAUTION.

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Clags, if you get a WiFi memory card for your camera, you can leave it set up on the tripod and leave the card inside. More seconds saved! :teach:

When our remodel is done, I expect to be able to leave the camera set up in a spot with ample natural light (5' x 10' windows!). Maybe I'll put a chair in there...