1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Not sold on the chukkas with that fit, @Pliny . The rest is outstanding! [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. kulata

kulata Senior member

3. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

not enough contrast?

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eidos
    Inglese
    Isaia
    Calabrese
    Epaulet
    Vass

13 people like this.
  5. Tried and True

Tried and True Senior member

That cotton knit isn't working with that suit, IMO. I think it's better paired with seersucker, linen or cotton suiting; something more seasonal. And personally, I'd choose a knit with a one piece collar that will maintain a roll rather than flattening out. Also, I've tried tucking knits into braced trousers but I just can't get onboard with it. I've settled into belted trousers (with a sterling or gold buckle) and trousers with side adjusters a second choice. And I've been there with the dreaded two tone neck. :embar: Only thing worse is golfer's forehead.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

Had this ensemble made, but felt the jacket was too wide over the chest. Needed to be like that the cutter said, due to balance. Nja..what you gents say..? Return for alternation, or me just difficult customer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Peter O'Toole says hi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

34 people like this.
  8. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

i like it @Roy Al

wondering if u need to drop the shoulder a little in your next commission. u seem to have some rumpling under the arms/just above the hip.

very nice @Coxsackie

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior member

@kulata : I'm not capable of taking an even mediocre picture, but for the sake of playing along...(heading out to run errands in the city...)
    [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  10. Tried and True

[​IMG]
    The collar is way off. Might not want to deal with somebody who can't see/admit it.

6 people like this.
  11. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Love the boots....but not with that combo.

1 person likes this.
  12. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

@Tried and True
    You seem to provide a lot of constructive feedback but I am not seeing you putting them to good use. In other words, let's see your pix.

@sugarbutch
    I am not asking with ill intentions. I really just want to see. I don't know why you're cyber spanking me like that...but I like it.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Let's not go there, Noodles. Either the feedback is accurate and useful or it's not.

4 people like this.
  14. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

Great!
    Edit: The PS is from some Japanese department store. One of my favorites. Will buy a few more in July.

1 person likes this.
  15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

16. colco

colco Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

18. Roy Al

Roy Al Senior member

That's not the nordic style, K-T. I prefer to put him under a spell or slap him in the face with a cod.

3 people like this.
  19. Tried and True

I don't wear my tailored stuff much these days. And most of it is up North. Had this forum existed fifteen or twenty years ago (when I was dressing every single day as you people do) I might well have been a prolific poster to this thread, snapping pics before leaving the house. But those days are gone and I'm not into playing 'dress up' just for a photo shoot. Sorry.

I have acquired quite a bit of knowledge about traditional dress, much of it coming by way of the legendary Laurence Pucci, who was my first tailor and something of a sartorial mentor (not to mention great friend.) I feel very fortunate to have met somebody so knowledgable, articulate and generous right out of the box. My commentary here is a way of paying it forward.

:)

9 people like this.
  20. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Gents who own C&J 348 (Hallam, Tetbury, Highbury etc.)

In an effort to figure out sizing on my shoe, I've taken it on to record some sizes for the C&J thread, given that Barneys is a big source of the shoes (especially on sale) and yet their sizing seems to be all over the place. I'm after a stable measurement for sizes 9 to 10US (or 8 to 9 UK) for the common 348 last.

If you have data, and wouldn't mind reporting it in that thread, I'd be grateful. What I'm doing is taking a tailor's tape and measuring toe to heel, with tape held to each point (so not a straight line on the tape). Would be useful to know where you sourced your shoe (US vs UK, e.g., Barneys vs. not Barneys).

While this started as an attempt to figure out the size of my shoe (which I'm still debating on keeping), I figured it might be useful to the C&J community as well so I'm going to collate data.

Cheers.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/227575/quintessential-crockett-jones-thread/9690#post_7972113