1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I must say....that is a nice look!

2 people like this.
  2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

[​IMG]

3. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Yesterday (for the FC).

Cheers,

Ac

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30 people like this.
  4. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Academic2, the ambassador of 3 pieces suits! I am always pleased with yours fits! The collar is equally impressive and projects a image of 'I know what I'm doing'!

5. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

This is just superb. I find the fit of that jacket to be about as good as it can get.

6. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

As others have noted, for MTM with four(!) fittings, this is rather poor. There is something seriously wrong with the right sleeve. All that rippling and pulling at the top of the sleeve just shouldn't be there. The left sleeve is better but still not great. And there is pulling on the back of the jacket causing ripples from your right hip. A OTR jacket would look better than that. All those ripples detract from the look of the piece and it should be much cleaner (in the sense of fewer ripples and divots) than that. The pants might be a touch too long, too.

In other notes, get some better shoes, preferably patent leather oxfords. Brooks Brothers has some on sale now for not much money. Lose the tie, seriously. Get a black bow tie and if you don't know how to tie it, learn: it's easy. Get a formal shirt. And make sure you have a waist covering, like a cummerbund. Again, Brooks makes a perfectly serviceable one.

Good for you for getting your own tux. Wear it anytime after the clock says 6pm wherever you are. To paraphrase Jack Donaghy, we are not farmers. But you paid good money for that tuxedo and you have not gotten what you paid for. If it were mine, I would be disappointed and upset, and would expect the vendor to fix it.

2 people like this.
  7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Your combo is spectacular. When you get tired of your watch ill happily accept donations :)
    Same to most man. Up until last year I was posting some really terrible stuff and then completely changed and added smarter pieces. In the Noodles thread he mentioned Navy sportcoat and grey trousers as being boring and that was my mentality coming to the forum and its changed my mind. Its just perfection almost every time.

1 person likes this.
  8. SYCSYC

SYCSYC Senior member

Casual outfit I wore today for Paris Le Bourget International Air Show.

Sun, terrace, champagne and attractive planes include

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. eviltimeban

eviltimeban Senior member

Thanks for all the thumbs recently gents, three 20(+) thumbed fits in a row! [​IMG]

10. David Reeves

David Reeves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I am still working with this client to fix his issues although posting pictures of his suits like this is not making it easy for me personally. At this stage he is putting his faith more in the opinions of anonymous SF members than he is the professional......if only the SF could collectively make him a suit......

11. David Reeves

I personally measured up, fitted and sent out the door 300 Bespoke suits for for forum members last year. I very rarely do MTM work and there are probably only 4 examples of my MTM work online. While I think my MTM is solid (and I have a lot of prior experience) it is always going to be a compromise fit wise especially when faced with unusual figurations. I no longer offer MTM as a service.

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't speak as far as the feedback provided in terms of what needs to be done. I don't know his body type nor its idiosyncrasies, so I don't know how difficult he is to fit. I do know it is MTM, and that the expectations one has of MTM should not be the same that one has for bespoke. But I think it is fair to have higher expectations of MTM than of RTW. And I've seen him in Suit Supply, unaltered, and it looked better than either his tuxedo or his suit. It could be that the pattern they use for their RTW stuff is just more suitable or forgiving for his body shape than the pattern you used for your MTM venture.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ring on maiden
    Mazza
    Berg and Berg on maiden
    Rubinacci
    Vass

26 people like this.
  14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Jack reacher!

1 person likes this.
  15. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Fair enough. The moderators will remove my post, if you ask them to, I have no doubt, as you are an affiliate vendor. And perhaps the problems with MTM are illustrated by this suit, which, if true, are good reasons to quit doing it. I also realize and appreciate the distinction between bespoke and MTM. But I have to say, given that all I have to go on are the photos your customer posted, I would not buy that jacket if it were ready-to-wear if it fit me the way it fits on him. And I certainly would not be satisfied if it were a bespoke commission.

As for where he is putting his faith, we are proxies for people he'll meet out and about while wearing his tux. Do you really want people asking him where he rented it from?

16. David Reeves

[VIDEO]]

4 people like this.
  17. CaptFinny

CaptFinny Active Member

Outdoor wedding in Lake Geneva.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harrisons Moonbeam, Roda tie, Unknown japanese brand PS and new pair of Enzo Bonafè lazy mans.

32 people like this.
  19. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Great colour combination!
    BTW, I have a feeling Ring can exist from your orders alone ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

You have the right to defend yourself but I don't think any comments so far have been out of order or have crossed the 'personal' line. I'm sure both you and your client, along with us onlookers in the peanut gallery, are all hoping for a happy conclusion.

And while I expect most readers have a working knowledge of the difference between MTM and full bespoke, this may be an opportunity for you to clarify, if you so desire, exactly what it is that you do. As stated, you've posted pictures of some fantastic looking suits but I for one am not entirely clear on your role. 300 suits a year is admirable, assuming a six day week that's about 1 per day. How much work do you yourself do on these suits? Are you the measurer, the tailor, the cutter, the director of operations, the public face, all of the above? You mentioned bespoke shirts once then said they were made in England (I think) so I've never had a full grasp on what you do.

Anyway none of this is meant to be attacking you or your operation so I hope it doesn't come off that way - I'm sure we all wish you continued success.

5 people like this.