1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Academic2

Academic2 Distinguished Member

Please tell us that that's 7 out of at least 8 ...

Cheers,

Ac

3. SpitShine

SpitShine Member

Long time no post chaps, I haven't had much occasion to wear a jacket and tie recently. Forgive the shoddy photography and somewhat awkward expression, I was in a hurry and dealing with a reluctant photographer. The tie is a bit thinner than I'm used to wearing these days but I really love the plaid, and the trousers are an old charcoal pair in need of a press.

[​IMG]

4. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

Are you in Norway perchance? I swear that looks like an entry way of a Telanor Norway office I was in a few years ago.

5. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

Sad indeed. Of course, Alzheimer's is a terrible diagnosis for anyone and everyone, but it seems, to me, all the more cruel for authors. I loved the Discworld books as a teen.

6. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

His tireless work to raise awareness for Alzheimer's disease was well known

Big loss on a number of levels :(

7. Claghorn

I also really liked Good Omens. Discworld followed an interesting path. From the 80s to the mid-90s, it was just sort of silly fantasy with a bit of satire. I felt it became really good when Pratchett shifted his focus more to satire and some metaphysics and less on the fantastic elements of the world. And then in the last couple of novels, the quality of characters and the complexity of the commentary really dropped as a result of Alzheimer's.

If you've not kept up, the rest of the City Watch novels are worth reading, particularly Jingo, Nightwatch, and the Fifth Element. Perhaps Thud as well. But the disease takes a toll on his writing after that (I believe he was diagnosed while writing Thud)

8. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

I didn't keep up, but he was always an author I looked forward to introducing my kids to when the time comes. I have fleeting recollection of the books now, but I recall always enjoying his characterization of Death. I wonder want I will think of it when I read it again. I have found that my own perspectives on death changed radically after having children.

9. Claghorn

Death is great. If you have a Kindle, send me your email and I'll gift you a Pratchett book. Otherwise, send me your address and I'll send you an actual book. The stuff from 1997 on is really excellent (though I don't know when you stopped reading)

From a picture I took of my briefcase. You can see how well read some of those are.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Trying to make the best of a bad lighting situation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. heldentenor

heldentenor Distinguished Member

Done!

12. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Distinguished Member

13. dukedishin

dukedishin Distinguished Member

Going to have to mute you.

Love,
    an Illini fan

14. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Senior Member

Cheers, thanks!

All credit goes to my barber Justin down at Rooks Barbershop, although I did give myself this haircut for quite a number of years until I got tired of cleaning up hair.

It's a little big right now; gets that way unless it's thinned properly. Time for a visit soon.

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Thank you for the recommendations. I've always been a huge scifi fan, but have only started reading fantasy a couple of years ago. I haven't gotten round to Terry Pratchett though, except for his collaborations with Stephen Baxter (a fantastic author, if you can stomach the more 'hard'/theoretical scfi), but now seems a good a time to start reading Pratchett's novels.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015