• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lukejackson

Reaction score
On corduroy suits -- I have seen more in the Middle East than ever before (read: I have never seen a corduroy suit in my life until I got here). They are almost pretty standard fair. If you go to the local shops there are corduroy sports jackets everywhere. I had a meeting with a guy from a very large, international finance organisation a few weeks ago in a charcoal corduroy suit, which I would never have thought of, but actually looked great. The way corduroy catches the light gave it real depth, which is usually why I'm not a fan of too many charcoal suits.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have seen more in the Middle East than ever before

Seriously? I lived in the ME for four years and I don't ever recall seeing one. First off I can't imagine wearing one in the heat. Other than that, what I usually saw was either national dress or black suits. I suppose it might depend on what country you are in though.

lukejackson

Reaction score
I'm in Jordan, it was snowing less than a month ago! Really, most of the Middle East seems to get pretty cold (snowing is cold for me as an Australian), Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine even. In Jordan some of the guys I have seen look like they should be nursing a guiness in a pub in rural Ireland. Lots of tweed and corduroy. I always want to take photos here but always feel impolite asking.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in Jordan, it was snowing less than a month ago! Really, most of the Middle East seems to get pretty cold (snowing is cold for me as an Australian), Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine even. In Jordan some of the guys I have seen look like they should be nursing a guiness in a pub in rural Ireland. Lots of tweed and corduroy. I always want to take photos here but always feel impolite asking.

I could see it getting rather cold in some places in Jordan. I spent time in Northern Iraq and it got pretty cold and rainy there too, I saw no corduroy though. I was also in Dubai which NEVER gets cold lol. Never been to Jordan though. Maybe it's a Mecca (pun) for corduroy in the ME and I never knew it.

Last edited:

MrChris

Reaction score
conservative business dress today

Chulillo

Reaction score
Nice outfits all around, really. @thefoxtooth, you really look like you were designed to be on tumblr, great outfit and overall look. It is the sum of all parts that makes that photo look so cool. The shades, the haircut/style, the clothes, the moustche... and the coffee in hand too :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads