HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

The super slim waist, short length, and flared bottom makes it look effeminate.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

2. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Yes, but what's the problem? :p

3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

The cut that you like is not CM. While you like it and people can help you with pairing items, you have to realize that it's not the aesthetic people here like. You're not going to get much love for it, but that doesn't mean that people don't like you and your attempts.

I still would like to see you decked out in full yohji. lol.

4. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Yes but where else can I post fits? :(

It's not like you have to want to wear something yourself to think it looks good, so I don't think just because I have a different sense of aesthetics means you guys can't have useful thoughts and advice. I want to know why it doesn't look good not why it doesn't look masculine, because effeminate does not, I'd hope, equate immediately to "ugly", otherwise you must think all women or feminine or androgynous people are objectively ugly.

Anyway it looks good to me, and I thought the color and texture combination works alright and is fairly safe even.

If literally there's nothing more specific the can be offered other than "I wouldn't want to look like/wear that" then I guess I'll stop posting but I'm sure you guys with your extensive knowledge and experience can muster some can of useful critique for an aesthetic preference that is not your own.

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I think this is an overstatement. It's not StyFo-approved. I think more useful criticism is that the waist is too small, as shown by the pulling at the button.

Iso, you can do all the waist suppression you want, but at a certain point it stops being suppression and becomes oppression. If you truly want a waspish waist, you might consider a light corset and then a jacket over that fits smoothly without pulling.

6. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Iso, just emulate a certain popular member's look. Makes life a lot easier.

7. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Assisting AAS in checking the perimeter of SF.........

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, pink OCBD, and tie, Dunn & Co vest, Polo Ralph Lauren grey flannel trousers, and Allen-Edmonds black Rutledges.

8. Caustic Man

You can't be this new. You have over 1000 posts under your belt. You know very well that this forum is about critique. We have all gotten it and all give it. Your jacket doesn't look good because it looks like you are wearing a woman's jacket. The proportions are too extreme to flatter your physique and it carries very "fashion" overtones to it. You aren't a bad person for liking it, but you are not dressing CM. This is a CM thread. You are welcome to post whatever fit you like but if you go this far beyond the pale you have to expect some critique. When you can't take critique, THAT is when to stop posting. I might also say that there may be tons of people out there who like a more feminine look on men. There is nothing wrong with that, however I think you'd be hard pressed to find a majority of people who do in a forum with the word "classic" in the name.

9. Caustic Man

Not sure if serious.

10. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

I just read the other day that a recent scientific study demonstrated that faecal matter was detected on the soles of 95% of the shoes they tested.

So if there's only a 0.05 chance that a single shoes has no faecal matter on it, that means there's only a 0.0025 chance (i.e. a quarter of one per cent) that there's no faecal matter on either of the two shoes in a pair.

Based on this, I think Asians actually have the right idea. Although I must admit that I'm indoors, in my kitchen, wearing shoes as I type this. Old habits die hard...

11. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

@Isolation has defended himself on numerous occasions, both on this thread and on the Noodles thread, for the deliberately androgynous cut of his jackets. He mixes in a gender-ambiguous social circle and so these are the stylistic choices he makes. And there's an end on't.

@Caustic Man , I think you were on an SF sabbatical around that time, so you probably missed it. The arguments can go around endlessly. You made a good argument but Iso has already heard it and he's not going to change because of it, and it's also pretty clear that he's not going to stop posting fits.

So...I'm going to put my own opinions about the overall cut of Iso's jackets aside, and just accept that he likes it that way and seeks considered critique about the other aspects. SB is right - gender play aside, the waist suppression is causing pulling at the button and flaring at the skirt. These are considered to be tailoring errors in CM. The pocket square is folded flamboyantly, which is fine and dandy, but there's too much of it showing, which distracts attention from the wearer's face. The whole fit is too matchy-matchy in its colours, which makes it come off like a GQ advertorial spread rather than clothes a real person would wear.

And goddamit Iso, answer the question. Why is there a mirror behind your stove-top?

12. C&A

C&A Senior member

wasn't it possible to take up the sleeves at the shoulder? not the easiest fix, but it avoids messing up the cuff like they did here.

13. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

stellar; my vote for this week's Best Of. Where do you get your knitwear, btw? I'd like to pick up another button cardi-vest or two, and yours always look great.

14. twinsdad

twinsdad Well-Known Member

Is this what triggered twindad's Shit rant? 
    [​IMG]
    What the fuck was elitist or snotty about this post?

U mad bruh? You don't get it don't you? My point you guys need to lighten up. It snotty when you correct me about how I take my pictures. I think my picture was sexy! Even the part where my dog ate my oliver peeples glasses due to my greasy hands from eating Shen's mom good eggrolls. That was rude of him. I don't correct anyone from the way they take pictures here like their from some vintage post mortem pictures. All stiff and everything. Or the selfies that these grown men take that would put highschool girls in the school bathrooms into shame. When you worry about your half break on your trousers are not right cause it was a cunt hair too long. You got some serious issues. Then you take it at my tailor shop then I freaking take your money cause your so freaking stupid. Pull your pants a little but dumbass. Some people here think they're smart but in reality is theyre idiots and they look stupid with their selfies and "knowledge" of right fits. Style is to each its own. Not by what styfo experts are telling you. It changes in seasons. These are the same guys that were wearing 90s loose fits. In the end you need to find your own style and be yourself. For the most part these guys are doing all this to get some pussy. But I guarantee it most of these guys are getting is their hands. Iso probably get pussy than most of you guys. And you guys are lying if you say you're not doing this for women. Or maybe you're not lying. Maybe you guys do it for each other here circle jerking. Difference guys who have confidence wouldnt give a shit no matter what these experts here say unless asked for their opinions. Till then I have zero fucks to give!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

15. merick

merick Well-Known Member