• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

"Lord Grantham" :D

Thanks CP, tbh I had to google it!

LOL, never seen an episode neither has the Duchess. In fact I was only chatting to @upr_crust about it over lunch the other day and I was certainly at a disadvantage

Thanks (I think) :D

GekkoInvest

Reaction score
Bad perspective jacket seems a litte bit to short again
biggrin.gif

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment :)
I have a little bit a problem to see the right jacket length, because of my hight ( 6"7) much seems to short for me.

A full length shot would help a lot, but in the picture you provided it doesn't look short. Any shorter and it would be a problem though. Jacket length is one of those funny things, though. There is no set rules that is right for everyone other than it should at least cover your rear. Proportionately to the rest of your body it may indeed be too short.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I’ve never encountered any menswear there that struck me as a must have (I can’t picture either of us in Tracht or Landhausmode). Even Knize is surviving mostly on its reputation from imperial times (though the store is still worth visiting for its exquisite interior).
Actually, I was rather hoping you’d returned with a certain Vermeer I’ve always admired from the Kunsthistorischen Museum, but perhaps I overestimate your travel budget …

Cheers,
Ac
My travel budget would not be the issue - it would be the size of my luggage, in order to hold "The Art of Painting" - it's rather large for an average suitcase. Never mind what effect my filching might have on my popularity with Interpol. :satisfied:

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks CP, tbh I had to google it!

LOL, never seen an episode neither has the Duchess. In fact I was only chatting to @upr_crust about it over lunch the other day and I was certainly at a disadvantage

Thanks (I think) :D

I watch the show mostly to see the English countryside and parts of the country's history. The clothes aren't too bad either ;)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Claghorn are those johnston and murphy's or bostonians or something? I know they both had good lines in the past and that medallion looks familiar. Apologies if I'm totally mistaken.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds my grandma bought me freshman year of college. They got little wear their first four years. Heavy wear their 6th-8th years. Moderate wear (and better treatment) after joining SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads