HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. comrade

comrade Senior member

You have great taste in shoulders! None of the roped and/ or pagoda crap for you.

2. comrade

comrade Senior member

Another outstanding Ivy or Ivy-derived jacket. Who is the maker? PS: Lose the coat. It seriously detracts from a sublime ensemble.

3. twinsdad

twinsdad Well-Known Member

Thanks for the critique. I know the rules about unbuttoning the jacket whole sitting. As a matter of fact I know how to do it in sync with one hand with finnesse unbuttoning before my butt hits the chair. Lol. Why do I know someone will say something about these petty stuff once I post these pics here. As far as those multiple shots those two guys are my 14 Year old sons. It seems right for me to post them together at the same time. It seems everyone is too uptight here and too territorial. That's why I don't post here much. The other gentleman was correct. Its titled what are you wearjng right now. If we want to keep this proper dressing culture alive we need to lighten up. Or else it dies here in this forum. Or should i just stick to instagram?It seems like a lot of national or international clothiers seems to get what were trying to do more there than here where every time I post someone has something snotty to say.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  4. tristanFH

tristanFH Active Member

So basically, you're the man?

5. twinsdad

No you are. Lol. You just prove my point Tristan. Haha!

6. twinsdad

As a matter of fact I just saw 2 post before mine sitting with their jackets unbutton. Did you guys corrected that? Lol. Come on? Its very snotty and territorial here. Thats all I'm trying to say.

7. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Beverly Hills Noir.......

After our quarterly old school dinner and after the rain and the hail had stopped, Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, blue OCBD, tie, and umbrella, Ralph Lauren Rugby cricket jumper, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, L L Bean cord trousers, and Bean Boots.....

[​IMG]

8. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

I thought that he did quite well at the vintage store.

9. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

the trousers are lighter IRL (closer to an off-white than the tan it appears to be in the second picture).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  10. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

I understand that you get angry if you feel like someone is criticizing your kids. But I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all assumed that it was you in those pictures. Cox comment was not nasty in any way, it was pretty much standard stuff that everyone should think of when posting here. if you think you got "snotty" comments here I highly suggest against posting in any clothing related forum, because SF is about as friendly as it gets. Also, you can't compare this to IG, I've got an IG account where I only get love for every picture I post. I come to SF for a dose of RealTalk[​IMG], because that's the only way of ever progressing.

11. twinsdad

12. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

that looks great, and to my eye an outstanding fit/ cut!

13. twinsdad

I'm not mad. I knew it was coming.lol. I could post something of perfect combo something will be said. In just wanna call the attitude here myself. From that guy commenting about that vintage purchase to some people not being given "real talk " for sitting with their buttons buttoned. Others don't want to show their faces and now I see why.I'm just giving the forum "real talk" of what's really the perception of why a lot of people don't post because people are territorial. I dont seek of approval. I'm just putting hence the title "what are you wearing today". Our family has been in the tailoring and bespoke business for over 60 years. Trust me I get enough criticism from within. I'm just calling it like it is. Its snotty and the aura of I'm better than you is strong here. Its worst than a bunch of highschool girls.lol. not everyone though. No, cox wasn't really that bad but in the past I've read some from me lurking around here. I get my approval from real people. When my friends ,family, random girls , my fiance ,customers and mostly myself. That's what matters. I like the clothes for the most part of everyone is wearing. Maybe when I have time I will just continue lurking. Or just share my clothing in the real world like I've always done. Lol. Thank you guys.

14. Shen

Shen Senior member

Wait a minute, did you feed your dog with your glasses?

15. twinsdad

Oh shit I guess I did!! Good catch bruh!