• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the insight. I have a few white/blue striped shirts but I feared wearing them for looking to "busy" with this kind of jacket.

I wouldn't wear it with a wild stripe, but a simple 3mm white and light blue (same width) should work perfectly.

To be honest, the pinpoints are just what I happened to grab. I have a lot of OCBDs but I guess coincidence prevented me from grabbing one, perhaps I should pay more attention next time! Your points are all well taken and it gives me some ideas on how to wear this jacket better. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, as seems apparent to all. lol

To my eyes you don't seem out of your comfort zone at all.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown and blue.

Chulillo

Reaction score
All Ercoles except the boots (CarminaxEpaulet), the square (Kent Wang), the cap (WvG) and the Tie (Yellow Hook Necktie Co.)

Really like your assemble today, mate!! Although I might have liked it better with a lighter tone shirt.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
On paper, an outfit significantly less formal than what it actually is (suit is a casual cut with a casual fabric and three tulip shaped patch pockets; the silver tie is knit; the white spread is oxford; and the black shoes are derbies)

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
More proof that Noodles wants to be a Korean woman in her early twenties.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colours and textures are all really really good,but the fit of the jacket is certainly not 10/10.

Thanks. I'd say at least 6/10.

First could be colors. I also like the way the SC looks almost like outerwear. I also like the slightly short sleeves, the slightly boxy jacket, and the way they both look with the cuffed trouser. Silhouettes and proportions, then. I tend to like what AAS posts, though - and since I don't know a thing about CM, most of my reactions are pretty knee-jerk. I would say that I like this outfit because it "looks plush and chunky and sharp all at the same time."

The only thing I'd change is the shirt - for a barrel cuff (this is term, no?), because everything else about the outfit looks really casual and easy to me; but maybe the links are there because there's a peak lapel involved?

The jacket is camel hair which is casual, but double breasted so a bit more formal. I can't call it. The choice really came down to what was clean in my closet to be honest.

Cheers. I don't rag on AAS because he's/your a good sport and helps keep the thread interesting, even if I sometimes think that he/you looks like he got dressed in the dark at a vintage thrift store in the Scottish Highlands. I liked the restrained color here, but it's still Postmodern IMO - a camel DB SC with leather buttons + lapel pin is FU and casual; a white shirt with FC's is unequivocally formal. The matching tie/PS looks studied. AAS isn't going for 'good taste' tho, so I don't mean it as a crit.
AAS could be the future, for all I know.

You have no idea how much I want to go to there. Given the way some people dress/comment, I'm sometimes curious as to what kind of art/music they like. Are you more Ninja Turtles or Warhol/Basquiat?

AAS's jacket looks good to me. It's winging out because of the way he's crossing his arms (most jackets will scissor like that though). Robopose would show 'boxiness' or lack thereof better, but I don't think it looks like it's boxy. I like those lapels too!

Thanks.

I'm sure there's some long Latin name for a rhetorical device in which the second half of the sentence completely negates the first half.

Pliniorum.

For the record, here's a picture of the jacket in robopose. It's definitely short in the body and sleeves. The shirt sleeves are also on the short side. It's a little box IMO, not a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads