1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Distinguished Member

Two of the greats! Both of you are looking quite good. By the by, I've been to the LPM in Dubai and it was wonderful. I can only imagine how good it is in London where things can actually be gotten fresh.

Edit: One of my favorite fits from Crust

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

2. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

Im sure Im not alone in saying that I wish I could have joined these two gentlemen today.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Noodles, I'll refrain from offering relationship advice, but I will suggest that the current state of affairs is untenable. You two need to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.

I bet Señor Crust and Cleav were the two best-dressed men in a one-mile radius. Looking good, fellas!

4. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

SJ, always welcome mate!

Come next time, Upr says it's his shout :bounce2:

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

This. They look great.

Awesome. Whats my funny nick name?

No you are not. I would've loved to join those two outstanding gentleman.

6. DonCologne

DonCologne Distinguished Member

The colour of the lapel flower is working against the colour of the tie.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015

7. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Distinguished Member

Instant Itches.

8. Pliny

Pliny Distinguished Member

White cords? Now I've seen everything.
    I think it's a very nice fit, maybe even better if the trews were just a little off-white, in a coolish color to off-set the grey. Or, go with a slightly lighter jacket.

9. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

:lurk:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

10. 9thsymph

9thsymph Senior Member

Perhaps apropos of some of the above comments re how significant others relate to the various levels of menswear consumption: I'm convinced a lot of men own a vast amount of navy suits and SCs because each new item is difficult for the non-obsessed to detect!

11. Academic2

Academic2 Distinguished Member

You know, in the part of the country where I grew up cords were very much a cold weather, F/W thing; I’m not sure I’ve ever even *seen* a white pair in real life. I could probably think of reasons I shouldn’t like this, but I do (and I don’t think it’s just the novelty).

Cheers,

Ac

12. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

Noodles, it isnt witty or profound, but the answer is discussion. You need to find agreement on your finances, priorities, and budgets. At the moment you have conflicting philosophies and that will only turn to resentment if not resolved. The fact that she appears to be frugal when it comes to you, but not when it comes to things she values (designer purses and furniture, for example) is not reasonable, and as Shug said, untenable.

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Noodles, this is not a clothing issue; it's a control/resentment issue. You are allowing your wife to control things that are important to you and pouting on SF instead of having a heart to heart with her about it. You need to sit down with Mrs. Noodles and discuss this issue. She likely has good reasons for wanting to limit your purchases the same way you have good reasons for thinking she is in the wrong here. There's common ground to be found here. Maybe it's setting aside a certain amount of fun money each month for each of you where the other cannot question or criticize how it is spent. Maybe it's coming up with an agreed upon clothing allowance that will give you some freedom and alleviate any concerns she has about you going crazy with clothing purchases. You have to communicate how important this is to you, though. You can't raise these issues without also putting in the effort to make sure she understands how much the control issue bothers you.

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:lookaround:

Still working on that over here.

No but seriously, you kids should talk it out. And remember, the only good compromise is when everyone walks away feeling like they got the raw end of the deal.

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

They are off-white, but not particularly cool.
    You know, in the part of the country where I grew up cords were very much a cold weather, F/W thing; I’m not sure I’ve ever even *seen* a white pair in real life. I could probably think of reasons I shouldn’t like this, but I do (and I don’t think it’s just the novelty). Cheers, Ac [/quote] I think this is only the second time I've worn them. I, too, am from a place with a real winter, and I didn't see white cords, either. I wish that I had a proper winter navy blazer to go with these.